Pet peeves!

Discussion in 'The Club House' started by Pasquanel, Sep 20, 2018.

1. jigs-n-fixture

jigs-n-fixture Well-Known Member Lifetime Supporter

i only loan tools to one guy. He returns them in at least in as good of shape as he got them. If a handle is loose, he fixes it. If the blade is dull he sharpens it, uses it, and resharpens it again,before he brings it back. If there are consumables, he buys more than he uses.

I loaned him my flooring staplers, and they came back with more staples than the left with, plus some nifty wedges to space engineered hardwood flooring away from the wall.

G66enigma and dango like this.
  2. austin92

austin92 Well-Known Member

I need friends like that, mine barrow my trailer and I get it back with a flat tire and the license plate bracket dragging the ground and it looks like a tornado went through the storage box. I may or may not have purposely not plated it this year....

3. dango

dango Well-Known Member Lifetime Supporter

I really don't care about one's sexual preferences but I am tired of seeing homosexual love scenes in EVERY MOVIE since 2010 ! Do what you want but dang , keep it behind closed doors please !

And you might say , "don't watch them kind of movies"......? Name one cause I can't seem to find any ...! :eek:

alsaqr, DonD, Pasquanel and 5 others like this.
  4. Missouribound

Missouribound Well-Known Member

That's the liberal Hollywood idea of normality.
    Less than 5% of the USA population identify as gay but you wouldn't think that if you used what they call entertainment as a reference point. And it's not realistic.

Rifling82, Oldoutlaw and dango like this.
  5. sheepdawg

sheepdawg Well-Known Member Supporter

If an spaceship landed in the U.S. and it's first view of America was television they would think America was 75% black, mixed and gay marriages were the norm and athletes salute the flag by kneeling.

OLD Ron, dango, locutus and 10 others like this.
  6. Missouribound

Missouribound Well-Known Member

I would have given you 2 likes if it let me.

But if they landed in Hollywood they would be right.

OLD Ron, dango, freefall and 3 others like this.
  7. tac foley

tac foley Well-Known Member

Here in UK they'd think it was 90% black and mixed and gay marriages. I live in a mainly agricultural and/or sheep/cattle breeding area of Eastern UK, and I've never seen a farmer/farmworker wearing a turban, or even a darker-skinned one, but here in TV we see adverts with black or Asian farmers leaning knowingly over farm gates as they view their pastures, crops or animals. Never seen a black highways agency worker or building contractor, and here in our region is the largest [almost $2 Billion] civil engineering work of recent years, employing over 6000 staff of all kinds.

I've yet to see my first black angler, or balloonist, too. Yet both figure in adverts on TV.

OLD Ron, Oldoutlaw, dango and 2 others like this.
  8. ellis36

ellis36 Well-Known Member Supporter

And in every "family scene" the mother/father are different races or one of the children is Black?

ellis

tac foley, OLD Ron, Oldoutlaw and 2 others like this.
  9. primer1

primer1 Well-Known Member Supporter

And guns are bad!

OLD Ron, Oldoutlaw and dango like this.
  10. 7point62

7point62 Lifetime Supporting Member Lifetime Supporter

Yeah...Madison Avenue has been going waaaay overboard with its choice of racial/sexual representation in televised ads. It began with Obama's election and has gone through the roof with BLM. Everybody's falling all over themselves to demonstrate how un-racist they are, how un-homophobic they are.

Based on the fairest numbers I've seen, African-Americans make up 13% of the population, homosexuals about 1%. That leaves a great many consumers who feel alienated by the trends in advertising/entertainment.

OLD Ron, Rifling82, Oldoutlaw and 2 others like this.
  11. austin92

austin92 Well-Known Member

I emailed Netflix and told them if everything they make continues to force feed the queer’s I would drop their service. They actually replied, apologized, and said I wasn’t the only one that complained.

OLD Ron, 7point62, Rifling82 and 4 others like this.
  12. dango

dango Well-Known Member Lifetime Supporter

If indeed aliens landed on present day earth , they would say "no intelligent life here , they've got weapons of mass destruction pointed at each other" and leave" ..!

OLD Ron, Rifling82 and ellis36 like this.
  13. Mowgli Terry

Mowgli Terry Well-Known Member

How about aliens wandering into a theater to catch a John Wick triple feature. Aliens did not have to observe social distancing and mask etc.

dango likes this.
  14. tac foley

tac foley Well-Known Member

I guess you've been watching UK TV?

Oldoutlaw and dango like this.
  15. Oldoutlaw

Oldoutlaw Well-Known Member Supporter

We are seeing very similar here. All propaganda and total BS.

OLD Ron, locutus and dango like this.
  16. Oldoutlaw

Oldoutlaw Well-Known Member Supporter

Good on You Austin!!!

17. boatme98

boatme98 Well-Known Member

UK tv has been that way since the late 1990s. It seems like every show had to be inclusive.

Although I don't have a television, I do watch things online and the commercials are a horrorshow.
    I started to keep track but it was too daunting a task. About 90% of the ads are either POCs, alternative couples or families, and people dressed in the colorful garb of their native lands.
    The ones that really crack me up are the ads for baby diapers featuring a solo dad doing mom stuff with the kid during the day. I guess the husband is out making a living.

tac foley, dango and locutus like this.
  18. Cinderocka1989

Cinderocka1989 Well-Known Member Supporter

I cancelled netflix, hulu, disney+ and prime a couple of months ago. I've been reading even more lately, it's nice.

7point62, primer1, locutus and 4 others like this.
  19. Cinderocka1989

Cinderocka1989 Well-Known Member Supporter

It drives me crazy when people don't do repairs in a logical order and then I have to follow them. You knew you needed to check the torque on the u-bolts and you had all the tires off. WHY did you not torque the u-bolts when you had the tires off?!

primer1, boatme98 and dango like this.
  20. boatme98

boatme98 Well-Known Member

Yep, that stuff drives me crazy. When I first started on the Pacemaker and had to change all the oil I found 5 different connectors on the 6 units. 2 main engines, gearboxes, and generators.
    Had to do this every 100 hours.
    There was a cheapo 12v pump that was only uni-directional. You had to pump oil out, disconnect the pump, and turn it around to refill.
    Before the second oil change I went to a hydraulic hose outfit and bought all matching quick connects and two way pump.
    I knocked about 2 hours off the total time. I could change all the oil, oil filters, and fuel filters in 6 hours.
    8 oil filters and 6 fuel filters.