Firearms Talk banner

941 - 960 of 1132 Posts

·
Registered
1,706 Posts
Sometimes I hate being the guy with all the tools . I will no longer lend any tools out to anybody !
There are very , very few exceptions to that rule like Carl , he's good for returning things .

Throughout all these years , if I needed a tool , I'd buy it or rent it if that was more practical .
I do have a heck of a collection of all kinds of tools . Between owning a home and powered gasoline tools , vehicles , you know you need all kinds of things .

No more loaning , I'd rather be there and help the guy to make sure I get everything back !
That reminds me, my brother has had my clay pigeon thrower since November.

I'm the same way with my tools: i show up with them to help, & they go with me when i leave.

·
Premium Member
3,531 Posts
Sometimes I hate being the guy with all the tools . I will no longer lend any tools out to anybody !
There are very , very few exceptions to that rule like Carl , he's good for returning things .

Throughout all these years , if I needed a tool , I'd buy it or rent it if that was more practical .
I do have a heck of a collection of all kinds of tools . Between owning a home and powered gasoline tools , vehicles , you know you need all kinds of things .

No more loaning , I'd rather be there and help the guy to make sure I get everything back !
i only loan tools to one guy. He returns them in at least in as good of shape as he got them. If a handle is loose, he fixes it. If the blade is dull he sharpens it, uses it, and resharpens it again,before he brings it back. If there are consumables, he buys more than he uses.

I loaned him my flooring staplers, and they came back with more staples than the left with, plus some nifty wedges to space engineered hardwood flooring away from the wall.

·
Registered
1,516 Posts
i only loan tools to one guy. He returns them in at least in as good of shape as he got them. If a handle is loose, he fixes it. If the blade is dull he sharpens it, uses it, and resharpens it again,before he brings it back. If there are consumables, he buys more than he uses.

I loaned him my flooring staplers, and they came back with more staples than the left with, plus some nifty wedges to space engineered hardwood flooring away from the wall.
I need friends like that, mine barrow my trailer and I get it back with a flat tire and the license plate bracket dragging the ground and it looks like a tornado went through the storage box. I may or may not have purposely not plated it this year....

·
Premium Member
16,699 Posts
I really don't care about one's sexual preferences but I am tired of seeing homosexual love scenes in EVERY MOVIE since 2010 ! Do what you want but dang , keep it behind closed doors please !

And you might say , "don't watch them kind of movies"......? Name one cause I can't seem to find any ...! :eek:

·
Registered
1,953 Posts
I really don't care about one's sexual preferences but I am tired of seeing homosexual love scenes in EVERY MOVIE since 2010
That's the liberal Hollywood idea of normality.
Less than 5% of the USA population identify as gay but you wouldn't think that if you used what they call entertainment as a reference point. And it's not realistic.

·
Premium Member
4,772 Posts
If an spaceship landed in the U.S. and it's first view of America was television they would think America was 75% black, mixed and gay marriages were the norm and athletes salute the flag by kneeling.

·
Registered
1,211 Posts
If an spaceship landed in the U.S. and it's first view of America was television they would think America was 75% black, mixed and gay marriages were the norm and athletes salute the flag by kneeling.
Here in UK they'd think it was 90% black and mixed and gay marriages. I live in a mainly agricultural and/or sheep/cattle breeding area of Eastern UK, and I've never seen a farmer/farmworker wearing a turban, or even a darker-skinned one, but here in TV we see adverts with black or Asian farmers leaning knowingly over farm gates as they view their pastures, crops or animals. Never seen a black highways agency worker or building contractor, and here in our region is the largest [almost $2 Billion] civil engineering work of recent years, employing over 6000 staff of all kinds.

I've yet to see my first black angler, or balloonist, too. Yet both figure in adverts on TV.

·
Lifetime Supporting Member
2,454 Posts
And in every "family scene" the mother/father are different races or one of the children is Black?

ellis

Yeah...Madison Avenue has been going waaaay overboard with its choice of racial/sexual representation in televised ads. It began with Obama's election and has gone through the roof with BLM. Everybody's falling all over themselves to demonstrate how un-racist they are, how un-homophobic they are.

Based on the fairest numbers I've seen, African-Americans make up 13% of the population, homosexuals about 1%. That leaves a great many consumers who feel alienated by the trends in advertising/entertainment.

·
Premium Member
16,699 Posts
If indeed aliens landed on present day earth , they would say "no intelligent life here , they've got weapons of mass destruction pointed at each other" and leave" ..!

·
Registered
437 Posts
How about aliens wandering into a theater to catch a John Wick triple feature. Aliens did not have to observe social distancing and mask etc.

·
Premium Member
3,870 Posts
Here in UK they'd think it was 90% black and mixed and gay marriages. I live in a mainly agricultural and/or sheep/cattle breeding area of Eastern UK, and I've never seen a farmer/farmworker wearing a turban, or even a darker-skinned one, but here in TV we see adverts with black or Asian farmers leaning knowingly over farm gates as they view their pastures, crops or animals. Never seen a black highways agency worker or building contractor, and here in our region is the largest [almost $2 Billion] civil engineering work of recent years, employing over 6000 staff of all kinds.

I've yet to see my first black angler, or balloonist, too. Yet both figure in adverts on TV.
We are seeing very similar here. All propaganda and total BS.

·
Registered
8,855 Posts
UK tv has been that way since the late 1990s. It seems like every show had to be inclusive.

Although I don't have a television, I do watch things online and the commercials are a horrorshow.
I started to keep track but it was too daunting a task. About 90% of the ads are either POCs, alternative couples or families, and people dressed in the colorful garb of their native lands.
The ones that really crack me up are the ads for baby diapers featuring a solo dad doing mom stuff with the kid during the day. I guess the husband is out making a living.

·
Premium Member
10,181 Posts
I cancelled netflix, hulu, disney+ and prime a couple of months ago. I've been reading even more lately, it's nice.

·
Premium Member
10,181 Posts
It drives me crazy when people don't do repairs in a logical order and then I have to follow them. You knew you needed to check the torque on the u-bolts and you had all the tires off. WHY did you not torque the u-bolts when you had the tires off?!

941 - 960 of 1132 Posts