Pet peeves!

Discussion in 'The Club House' started by Pasquanel, Sep 20, 2018.

1. winds-of-change

winds-of-change The Balota's Staff Member Admin Moderator Lifetime Supporter

I would have told him “ENOUGH”!

2. Cinderocka1989

Cinderocka1989 Well-Known Member Supporter

I told him he needed to start cleaning 3 times and he didn't listen so I don't know if that would have worked.

winds-of-change likes this.

3. microadventure

microadventure Well-Known Member

a 6 foot tall 285 pound guy shouting "ENOUGH" is a whole different thing. people from neighboring buildings come over to see WTF

4. Cinderocka1989

Wanna stop by advance in la Crosse some time?
    I'm not quite 5'4" I don't have the intimidation factor until I get mean.

5. Double20

Double20 Active Member

Hey, did I ever tell you about my stock 2.8l 4 cylinder turbo diesel in my Chevy Colorado?;) I think I actually did at one of the Vanzant shoots so.....I guess sorry? At least I only went on for about 10 minutes instead of hours on end so there is that......

6. Cinderocka1989

We talked about it for awhile, but I like diesels. And it wasn't a five hour discussion of you repeatedly interrupting me to tell me about how great your car is.

7. SRK97

SRK97 Well-Known Member Supporter

When people refrigerate deer jerky or I guess any kind of homemade jerky in general, do they not know that the point of dried meat is to last a long time without refrigeration?

winds-of-change and 7.62 Man like this.
  8. 7.62 Man

7.62 Man Well-Known Member

If your jerky needs refrigeration it's not jerky. LOL

9. jigs-n-fixture

jigs-n-fixture Well-Known Member Lifetime Supporter

City drivers in the mountains. They are idiots, who have never driven on two lane roads, are terrified of corners, and slow waayyyy down. Then in the rare straight aways, they kick it up to fifteen over the speed limit so you can never get past them. 120-mile, 2-hour trips take three hours.

10. Cinderocka1989

People here slow down for every curve in the road. It drives me absolutely crazy. They clearly haven't driven mountain roads in the dead of night at 70 mph for fun.

austin92 and jigs-n-fixture like this.
  11. F4U

F4U Well-Known Member Supporter

Many of us haven't because there were no mountains to do that in where we lived when we were young enough to do stuff like that. On the other hand there was a straight flat stretch of road about 2 1/2 miles long a few miles from where I grew up that wasn't traveled much after midnight. It hosted some epic drag races back then!:D:D

12. austin92

austin92 Well-Known Member

I live at like 300’ elevation, never seen the Rockies until last year. I went to visit my brother in Colorado for the first time since I got something I actually trusted to make the 15hr drive, a new mustang gt. It was made for the winding mountain roads and I was cussing locals every time we went out for a “cruise” lol

winds-of-change and primer1 like this.
  13. 7.62 Man

7.62 Man Well-Known Member

One of my pet peeves is people that wait until it's time to do their turn & realize they are on the wrong side of a four lane highway. Or the ones that jump from this lane to the other lane & back in less than one block. It's like the ones that stand at the door of the bank & want to jump in line at the next teller that gets open. LOL

14. Cinderocka1989

Are you saying I'm too old to drive like that?

15. microadventure

you go to pass a guy doing 45 in a 65. when you pull alongside they wake up and accelerate to 65 while you are in the left lane. meanwhile the guy who was behind you just had to fill the space you made when you went out to pass.

don't even try to convince me this never happened to the passee or the guy behind.

just a tiny bit of consideration, please

primer1 and ellis36 like this.
  16. ellis36

ellis36 Well-Known Member Supporter

Or the 18-wheeler on the open freeway attempting to pass another one but can only go 1MPH faster and slows down a bit on any upgrade. ...56MPH...grinding along... The passer never gives up...the passee never gives an inch. It can go on for miles.

And when it's ended they are still headlight to taillight.

ellis

17. Double20

Double20 Active Member

A spin-off of that is that you are on a road that periodically has two lane passing zones every so often. Usually in hilly and/or curvy terrain where you would otherwise be unable to pass. You are coming up on the two lane zone where you can pass without going into the oncoming lane. The guy in front of you is doing 5-10 mph below the speed limit. When the passing lane starts you pull out to pass and they floor it all the way through the passing zone to keep you from passing. Once the passing lane ends they slow back down to 5-10 mph below the speed limit. They don't want to go the speed limit but they don't want you in front of them either. Makes me wonder why people are so selfish and hateful sometimes.

jigs-n-fixture and ellis36 like this.
  18. microadventure

what grinds my groin: I'm in the left lane doing 84, which is tolerated in NM. a radar detector ( a shmuck who passes me when I'm doing 84 ) comes lane weaving along. gets in the right lane, pulls up a foot behind the slow mover in the right lane, then has to twitch into the left lane. no pay attention and plan ahead on this road.

I spot a guy a mile or so ahead who is driving between packs and pace on him. makes for a mellow drive, until a ME ME ME ALWAYS ONLY ME guy comes along.

Last edited: Jun 26, 2020
    ellis36 likes this.
  19. F4U

No Maam, but I am too old for that, the first 2 times on a twisty road. Once I have been on it a couple of times and know it, all bets are off!:D:D:D

Seriously though, since I moved from small straight trucks to semis I have gotten somewhat saner in my personal vehicle, well most of the time at least!

20. F4U

Something I refuse to do. But I am local, and paid by the hour, so I will just chug along behind the guy unless I have at least a 5mph better governed top speed. But even at 5 mph faster passing ain't a fast process.

Guys getting paid by the mile are going to run as fast as they can get away with, over the course of a week the 1 mph you mention is 50 or 60 bucks in their pocket. I agree it is rude, and I won't do it, but I understand why they do.

Something else to consider, the companies that govern their trucks below the speed limit are usually hiring guys with no experience straight out of truck driving school. The schools are big on laws, and what they think is safety, but short on teaching actual driving skills. Like most of education today, they teach to the test, not the job. You really don't want these guys and gals running 80 mph across your interstates till they get some experience.

I wish dwmiller would chime in here, his type of driving is the polar opposite of mine, and he would have much valuable to add.

ellis36 and winds-of-change like this.