Pet peeves!

Discussion in 'The Club House' started by Pasquanel, Sep 20, 2018.

1. formerCav

formerCav Well-Known Member

some coffee joints make you buy a minimum of 10 bucks to use the CC.
    Maybe they were using debit cards?? I really don't know.

2. Cinderocka1989

Cinderocka1989 Well-Known Member Supporter

I use my debit card for everything, I lose my wallet too frequently to carry much cash around.

3. austin92

austin92 Well-Known Member

My job is my current pet peeve. First a pay cut then mandatory masks 3 months after this blew up and right when it starts getting hot. Do ya think the corporate guys are getting a pay cut?!

4. winds-of-change

winds-of-change The Balota's Staff Member Admin Moderator Lifetime Supporter

I rarely have cash in me. I use a card often. not a credit card but a debit card. Easy way to track where you spent all your money.

5. boatme98

boatme98 Well-Known Member

I never carry cash in my wallet. It's always in a pocket.

Nmwabbit likes this.
  6. SRK97

SRK97 Well-Known Member Supporter

I like cash but I never have more than $40 on me, I use a debt card for most everything.

winds-of-change likes this.
  7. boatme98

Most likely using debit cards.
    NEVER use credit for consumables, only for durable goods!

Nmwabbit and winds-of-change like this.
  8. Cinderocka1989

My job is currently requiring us to wear masks as well.

Bet they didn't get a pay cut and they're either still working from home or sitting in an air conditioned office.

austin92 and ellis36 like this.
  9. austin92

austin92 Well-Known Member

Current pet peeve is the general human mindset on racism.

Sometimes I wish I was blind, deaf, and dumb. I’m just now getting acquainted with the riots over the guy having the cop put his knee on his neck. I’m so disconnected I still haven’t read any confirmation on which color skin was in what position but I’m assuming the cop was white and the victim was black.

I’m REALLY not racist. I have a very close friend at work that’s here from Haiti, he learned most of his English from me and he’s more comfortable talking to me than anyone else in the building. He held his first gun in my home, rode in his first sports car next to me, and I do most of the maintenance on his car very cheap. He doesn’t understand some of other the dark complexion employees that grew up in the “hood”. I’m sometimes faced with translating English to English lol. The guy from the “hood” I also consider my friend and I’ve taught him a lot of gun safety as he already takes advantage of his 2nd amendment right but isn’t fluent in firearms like most of us here on ftf.

No, the Haitian or Indianapolis lifestyle is not for me but that has ABSOLUTELY NOTHING to do with the color of someone’s skin. There are fair complected people in Haiti and the “hood”.

I am white, I have dark skinned friends and don’t think anything about color until someone else brings it up. I’ve went to dinner with a woman that wasn’t the same color as me because of who she was, not the color of her skin.

Yes I laugh at racist jokes but damit when will humans look at humans simply as humans and not ******s, crackers, gooks, and beaners?

It’s not 1800 anymore. There’s white rappers that drive cars with 24” spinners and black people that drive lifted trucks and chew tobacco. Get over it.

Rant over, sorry if I went to far for some.

rn-cindy, jigs-n-fixture and primer1 like this.
  10. microadventure

microadventure Well-Known Member

consider: every male you know who is worth a hoot shares the same characteristic. no excuses offered or accepted. excuses bring you contempt among males who are worth a hoot.

an accusation of racism is an excuse that is guaranteed 100 percent effective among some circles. an accusation of racism carries an automatic corollary of "dis-missed" with it. accusation constitutes proof, the accused is guilty by decree, any defense offered by a racist is tainted by his racism, and the person who makes the accusation of racism is absolved of all blame for his personal failure by decreeing someone else a racist

no problem ever gets solved because nobody is motivated to apply problem solving techniques because the inevitable excuse separates the consequences of failure from the actions, attitudes and behaviors of the failed.

if you want to create second class citizens just give them an excuse other people will buy.

rn-cindy and primer1 like this.
  11. Cinderocka1989

This is why I rarely call anyone sexist. I wanna be right because I'm right and wrong if I'm wrong, not just have people think I'm right because I called someone sexist.
    This is different in the face of outright, blatant sexism, I will call you on that every time.

I don't see this as a racist issue, more as a police brutality issue.

jigs-n-fixture likes this.
  12. boatme98

Not to hijack another thread...
    Women and duck face selfies!
    Who the hell told them it's sexy? It must be something to do with latent lesbianism (not that there's anything wrong with that!) because I can't think of a single man that's ever said its attractive.
    I just want walk up and do a Daffy Duck when I see it
    fMMWCu.gif

rn-cindy and Cinderocka1989 like this.
  13. Cinderocka1989

Apparently It makes your cheek bones look more defined. I've never done it. I think it looks ridiculous. If you make that face no one is looking at your cheek bones anyway.

SRK97 and ellis36 like this.
  14. hairbear1

hairbear1 Well-Known Member

The current trend worldwide with the Kung Flu still present and the so called justice warriors mass marching because other sheep are mass marching to prove a point that they can mass march to anything while looting and burning normal working people's businesses.
    The media have to be the biggest bunch of talentless losers that stir up trouble to get a ratings approval from their handlers.

I think I'm just getting Old Man's Grumpy bastard syndrome where you can't stand mass stupid and contradiction by the " world owes me" wankers.

primer1, ellis36 and boatme98 like this.
  15. boatme98

Welcome to the club, Hairbear!
    I'd teach you the secret handshake but it's dumb, so too bad.
    The fridge is stocked with Blatz beer. It's the cheapest stuff we could find. Get me one while you're in there.
    Beer money is due on the 28th of every month. If you don't pony up, we'll all grumble and harrumph.
    The first old ******* that complains about the dirty pissor has to clean it. Same goes for the kitchen.
    The other half is never welcome.
    B******* about kids, grandkids, neighbors, and general issues like the stains on WalMart scooter seats can start promptly at 07:00. No politics until 13:00.
    Last call is at 06:15, the doors are locked at exactly 06:30.
    Harrumph!

rn-cindy likes this.
  16. hairbear1

hairbear1 Well-Known Member

Beer is an acceptable cure to calm one's nerves down so that you don't choke the s^&t out of some arsehole that thoroughly deserves it. I'll be shortly unloading the quad bike, putting the 22/250AI away after spotlighting last night with a mate and his quad bike after cleaning it, doing some reloading and with my idiot Red Cattle dog will disappear into the beer cave for some therapy with a 6 pack for a while.
    Being a Long Weekend this weekend in Australia(Queen's Birthday weekend) and today is the public holiday which also should've been my RDO which now gets pushed on to tomorrow I now have a 4 day long weekend....................WOO! HOO!

winds-of-change, boatme98 and ellis36 like this.
  17. Cinderocka1989

People who talk incessantly about things that no one else cares about.

I like cars but no one wants to hear about your stock turbo 4 cylinder VW.

Not one single person.

18. microadventure

microadventure Well-Known Member

don't get a Harley worshipper started. mine was a US made Yugo.

19. Cinderocka1989

And really I don't normally mind, car people all have their thing, but it was 5 hours of listening to this kid at work tonight and I about lost it.

20. Maser

Maser Well-Known Member

Reminds me of myself when I'm forced to listen to people prattle on about anime because they think that just because I'm into video games that I automatically love anime. I normally love stereotypes, but that one really gets on my nerves!