Pet peeves...we all got'em

Discussion in 'The Club House' started by Sonic82, Jun 9, 2013.

1. Sonic82

Sonic82 New Member

This is my latest. And it happens nearly every time I'm at a gas station. Now...this new practice of not getting a receipt, like it's optional when checking out I've always found a little odd. But...I'm flexible and those receipts do just accumulate. My wife and I check our credit card charges about every other day online and I can remember what I charged in that short of time span. What irritates me is...while I'm putting my card back in my wallet the cashier is asking me "would you like a receipt?" and I'll say, "no, that's ok" and then in an instant as I'm looking up from my wallet the little display facing with the total has cleared and reads $0.00. The receipt is being crumpled and thrown in the trash. I NEVER get a chance to see what I've been charged. From time to time I say "I would like to have seen what I've been charged first!".....they look at me like I'm some kinda of grump. And where I live these gas stations are busy with a line behind you. I've decided I'm just going to say 'yes' when they ask if I want a receipt. S**t...for all I know they could have charged me $158 instead of $10.58...end of rant.

2. rurak

rurak New Member

Where are you filling up for 10.58$?!?!?!?!?!?

3. Sonic82

Sonic82 New Member

Sometimes it's a Snickers bar, a quart of oil and a jug of milk.

....and I rarely carry cash..ok (I know that's coming next ;) )

Last edited: Jun 9, 2013
  4. Axxe55

Axxe55 The Apocalypse Is Coming.....

one of my pet peave gripes is having to ask for a sack for my purchases at a convienance store now. i remember when they did it automatically.

5. Sniper03

Sniper03 Supporting Member Supporter

One of my pet peeves is people working in a store, business or sporting goods department (Preferably Gun, Ammo, Fishing Tackle) that do not know the first thing about the products or applications. And especially those who pretend to know and advise you of facts and information when it is very obvious they do not!
    It is very hard to be polite at all in these incidents. I must admit, sometimes I am not!;)

6. MisterMcCool

MisterMcCool Well-Known Member Supporter

It's the return of the "I hate" thread! :D

7. Axxe55

another one of my pet peave gripes is cell phones! i hate cell phones!

have you ever been in a store and the customer in front of you is so absorbed in their phone conversation that they drag out getting waited on?

or what about when the clerk is suppose to be waiting on you, and they are on their cell phone? hey! aren't you suppose to be working? like waiting on me?

8. eatmydust

eatmydust New Member

Tip jars on every counter of every damn convenience store, fast food joint, coffee palace, donut shop, gas station, drive-thru lane, etc., etc., etc.!

9. F4U

F4U Well-Known Member Supporter

One of mine is people who want to converse by text. " home soon" or "running late" is a good use of texting. A 2-hour conversation of texts drives me insane.

10. Axxe55

the only place where i used a tip jar was at the bar!:D

11. Axxe55

what about people using text to a landline phone? they couldn't just call you on the phone?:eek:

12. DrFootball

DrFootball disappointed & disgusted, But DETERMINED... Lifetime Supporter

I live in the "polite" capital of the US

Everyone here is Nice, sometimes too nice in fact. A few weeks ago we drove over to Payson Az. and decided to have a late lunch at a Chilli's(which we have not eaten at since we left "Back East"). Girl who waited on us said "You guys are Very Very Nice People for NY'ers!!" Thanks sweetie but we live here now.....

I notice no one is polite when they cut you off on I-17 because you choose to drive within the speed limit, or maybe just "slightly" over,..and Folks race past you doing close to 100 Mph honking because your slowing them Down!!!...(for folks that don't know-the speed limit here for the most part is 75MPh on 4-6 lane Roads, and 65Mph most everywhere else except for local side streets or where otherwise posted(the Intersection/Roundabout at the entrance to my Development is 15Mph and the speed limit inside our Development is 10mph! I can "drive" faster then that on my adult assist electric tricycle!!):cool:

13. MOshooter

MOshooter New Member

OK Pet Peeve

I can't stand when i'm sitting down at a meal eating and someone decides it's time to get the old snot rag out and start snortin' and honkin' at the dinner table??
    Geeez Go to the bathroom and be considerate to others!!

14. Axxe55

LMAO!!!! if it wasn't so rude, it would be funny!

15. MOshooter

MOshooter New Member

axxe55 I'm done eating at that point? :rolleyes: lol

16. Axxe55

LMAO Again!!!!!! :D

yeah, i'd just about kind of be finished eating too!:eek:

17. Cinderocka1989

Cinderocka1989 Well-Known Member

You should be able to see what they charged you before you swipe your card. When I ran a cash register I always made sure to tell people the total...
    And parts stores. I get treated like I'm an idiot when I go into a parts store, when most the time I know 10x what the kid behind the counter knows!

The only time I get annoyed by someone driving too slow is when they're in the left lane not passing anyone, it's a passing lane, or getting on the interstate and the person in front of me is going 40...

18. Sonic82

Sonic82 New Member

Another peeve. End caps. It's BS...you see a product (most recently insulated water bottles at a sporting store) and you think that's all the selection they have and later...you discover where their real home is...tons of other brands and selection...what? I have a choice?? If you hadn't looked around you would have just grabbed the end cap item....I guess that's what they are hoping for.

19. NC1760

NC1760 New Member

Quote:
    Originally Posted by eatmydust
    Tip jars on every counter of every damn convenience store, fast food joint, coffee palace, donut shop, gas station, drive-thru lane, etc., etc., etc.!
    The only place I use the tip jar is at my favorite sushi place... and if they kill me with food poisoning I'm coming to take my money back ...AS A ZOMBIE!!!

20. Cinderocka1989

Cinderocka1989 Well-Known Member

That's the goal. The company whose product is featured on the end cap generally "rents" it for a period of time. When I worked at auto zone we changed them every month. That's why I hated them.