Pet Food recall...

Discussion in 'The Club House' started by DFlynt, Apr 20, 2013.

1. Chainfire

Chainfire Well-Known Member Supporter

I didn't read the article, but I don't think we should be eating our pets.

2. Holmes375

Holmes375 New Member

Another useful post from you, Chainfire. Your attempt at humour fails dismally.

Thanks to the OP for the heads-up.

3. ellis36

ellis36 Well-Known Member Supporter

I’ve been through a rough time finding a dry food for our Jack Russell. At one time or another I’ve tried most of the ‘special blends.’ I’ve been discouraged by the various and sundry recalls that crop up. I’m convinced that most pet food manufacturers are in it just for the money and don’t really have much concern for the animals eating their products or the pet owners who pay good money for poisonous crap.

The one dry food I’ve found, brought to my attention by a friend, is called Fromm. I’ve been feeding it for going on six months and our dog is not only doing extremely well…but she likes it! She has a finicky appetite and won’t eat anything that doesn’t pass the ‘smell test.’ She’s not itching or scratching…which is a real plus for her!

Here’s the link. Anyone interested check it out and make your own decision.

http://frommfamily.com/

4. HOSSFLY

HOSSFLY New Member

Dam, somebody done ate your sense of humor? :confused:

5. TheSadPanda

TheSadPanda New Member

And your major contribution to this conversation was....??

6. kytowboater

kytowboater Active Member

Olive oil, garlic, and creole spices, ole yeller is mighty fine table fare..

7. MisterMcCool

MisterMcCool Well-Known Member Supporter

Do the poor and elderly still eat pet food? ......if you ever bought into that BS.

8. Daoust_Nat

Daoust_Nat Well-Known Member Supporter

1 billion Chinese are in agreement!

9. Daoust_Nat

Daoust_Nat Well-Known Member Supporter

I have 23 pounds between two dogs, so I can do this relatively cheaply. I go to stores that sell boneless, skinless chicken and buy either thighs or breasts. I boil them, cut them up small, mix in some peas and/or carrots and feed them that. As I said, you can do that for small dogs at a reasonable cost.

I have tried these two hounds on various different good dry mixtures. One where there is no grain listed in the ingredients. They will not eat it. I know how to do it. Put it down for ten min., pick it up, repeat the next feeding cycle and within a couple they will eat. However, my wife will slip them food and that makes it a waste of time. So in the morning they get some bil-jac mixed with a little chicken. The Bil-Jac is not great, but better then most as far as the grain mixed in.

The Fromm and others are way better, they just won't work for me.

10. ellis36

ellis36 Well-Known Member Supporter

That’s what I do. I can buy boneless chicken breasts for $2.43 a pound. Cook a package, freeze some. Mix with about half dry food.

11. Robert121571

Robert121571 New Member

My little buddy gets kibbles n bits. It the one of very few dog foods that has never had a recall or been tampered with. Probably becouse it is owned by a human food company Del Monte. In fact if anything else is brought into the house he will suck his nose in the air and walk away.

Attached Files:

12. notdku

notdku Administrator Staff Member

I always freak out and run to check the dog food when I see these.

13. Bigcountry02

Bigcountry02 Coffee! If your not shaking, you need another cup Supporter

If you are handling pet food or pet snacks, always wash hands after.

We use Blue Buffalo - Blue Wilderness and Petsmart - Authority (Senior). Mostly, dry food, no can food!