Personalized Arisaka?

Discussion in 'Curio & Relic Discussion' started by TDS92A, Sep 14, 2013.

1. TDS92A

TDS92A New Member Supporter

This is one of my next projects and if you look on the third picture you will see a dog that has been carved into the stock.

Does anyone here know if this is standard practice for the Japanese Soldier to do this? It appears to be the same age as the rest of the weapon, dirt and grime wise, that is. :D

Attached Files:

2. TDS92A

Not a shameless bump. I need to know if anyone has seen this before.

3. JayCody

JayCody New Member

Perhaps a sort of trench art. classic arms sells sks rifles and they state that some have carvings in the stock. I will add that trench art is much more crude in appearance then what you posted.
    Hope this helps

4. TDS92A

Actually it did. It leads me to believe that some Imperial Soldier carved this. Now the debate is; should I fill it in or leave it alone?

5. JayCody

JayCody New Member

This was a double post

Last edited: Sep 23, 2013
  6. JayCody

JayCody New Member

I would leave the stock and if you don't like it order a replacement if you can find one, I'm not too familiar with arisaka rifles. The trench art makes the rifle unique and there are people out there that collect firearms that have trench art in the stock. please note there is a chance that it was carved by a previous owner, something we may never know...

7. TDS92A

You have said the same thing that I have said when I discuss it with others. I just wanted to make sure that I was not alone. I have no intention of removing the art. I am going to bring here back to life and treat her with respect. I have a bayonet to go with it as well.

Thank you for your input!! :D

8. JayCody

JayCody New Member

Glad I could help. When you own a mil surp rifle it makes you wonder about the soldier who carried it

9. TDS92A

I wonder the same thing about my Nambu Type 26, my 1873 Springfield Trapdoor, and my two Mosin-Nagants. ;)