Personal Testimonies

Discussion in 'Concealed Carrying & Personal Protection' started by gatorwest, Jun 19, 2012.

1. gatorwest

gatorwest New Member

You hear Lot of " I would rather have it and not need it...." but who has had it and Needed it? Let's hear the stories, they may help someone who winds up in a need it situation some day.

2. erandyc

erandyc New Member

It happened to a friend of mine in San Antonio when I lived there. A hoodlum came after him with a knife in quickmart parking lot around 10:30 at night. Zach shot the guy in the thigh. Police did not press charges after reviewing the security cameras. BUT, the district attorney thought otherwise. They pressed charges. Zach hired a lawyer and went to court. The charges were dropped during the trial. AMAZING. Zach had to cash in his 401k for expenses. But his lawyer made a bunch. What a racket!!! Then about six months later the guys family tried to sue Zach. Had to get a second mortgage this time. Zach won. What a waste of time and $$$$$$. Only shoot if you absolutely have too!

3. stl_boy32

stl_boy32 New Member

3 lil hoods broke into my garage looking for my 69 plymouth Roadrunner I heard the racket and came out with my walter ppq 9mm missed them but I'm glad I had it

4. erandyc

erandyc New Member

For what its worth, after talking to Zach after it happened, he told me he was more scared that the guys buddies were around the corner of the building waiting to come out znd shoot him, than he was to make the decision to shoot the hoodlum.

5. stl_boy32

stl_boy32 New Member

I was worried that they would open fire back and there would be a gun fight in my tiny garage

6. GlockRenegade

GlockRenegade New Member

Where at in San Antonio? My hometown:)

7. naf84

naf84 New Member

Stories like that blow my mind. Legal system trying to protect criminals. Jeez.

8. Durangokid

Durangokid New Member

Sounds like if you shoot, shoot to kill. Survivors could present a problem.;)

9. Gh0zt36

Gh0zt36 Active Member

I dunno about the conceal carry classes you guy's went to. But mine said you never shoot to wound cause you give the BG a chance to shoot back.

10. danf_fl

danf_fl Retired Supporter

If there is a reason to present a firearm, it is to stop the threat permanently.

Shooting to wound is not stopping the threat permanently.
    Shooting to warn uses precious ammo and presents other dangers to the shooter.
    Presenting a firearm without the intent to permanently stop the threat (as in a bluff), creates other problems for the presenter.

11. willfully armed

willfully armed New Member

Someone should let Zach know there's a good reason that targets don't have legs.

12. ellwood45c

ellwood45c New Member

In 1987 i was attacked in a park in dallas around 9:00. They shot me with a small caliber like a 25 or 32 at point blank range. By some miracle i am still here today, i don't leave the house unarmed ever.
    I've had people ask why i carry, and i tell them this story. Alot of people tell me thats still no reason. I always reply u get shot spend 2 weeks in the hospital carry the slug still in u then come talk to me. Yes i still have the slug under my right eye, they said it would do more damage to get it out then leave it. They believe its a full metal jacket round ball.

13. levelcross

levelcross New Member

ellwood, glad you survived but hate that you got shot.

I have never had to pull out my gun except to stop a couple of mean looking targets at the range. I pray that it stays that way.

14. PanBaccha

PanBaccha New Member

Carrying makes sense. Especially on those special days when 'unexpectancy' catches you with your pants down.
    There was only one time I pulled a firearm out and threaten to shoot their f**king brains out. It was when I drove
    a yellow taxi-cab in NYC at night. It was forbidden to carry even a switchblade in that city. But only I can defend
    myself when the hour calls for it the best way I can. It was 4 a.m. in the morning of a weekday. I stopped the cab
    on the corner of 42nd Street & Broadway waiting for the traffic light to change. No one out at that hour of the night.
    Getting ready to retire for the evening. When suddenly I heard as if from afar the screams for help and footsteps
    running toward my cab. I turned to see a freckle-faced girl of twenty open the door and in terror and panic jump in
    scared out of her mind. A minute later four black young men opened the door and grabbed her by her red hair and
    pulled her half out. I immediately pulled a .38 S&W snub-nose revolver I carried illegally and pointed it at this guy's
    face screaming expletives at him readying to fire away. He immediately let go of the young girl, and the four of them
    ran away as fast as they first appeared. I told this story already. But what would have happened to that young
    tourist visiting NYC with parents (asleep at hotel) if I didn't carry? Probably both of us would be dead. For I couldn't
    live with myself if I did not try and save her. I'm glad I did. And to this day I can't help wondering if that young red-headed
    freckled-face girl ever thinks of me.

15. kytowboater

kytowboater Active Member

Got any pics of that roadrunner? Love those cars.

16. GlockRenegade

GlockRenegade New Member

When my mother was pregnant with me in 1981, my dad was shot by a ND. A co worker was showing off his new gun, a .25 when it went off and hit my dad in the side. He said it felt like a burning hot sledge hammer and dropped him. Thank God he made it, but the doctors said it could do more harm than good if they try and take it out. He has since had physatic (however u spell) nerve damage/pain that he has to live with. It comes and goes and doesnt hurt alot when hes active and healthy. Even tho this happened nearly 30 years ago, and it was an accident, my mother would not allow guns. They have been seperated for 5 years now, and my dad has been training in KM for 5 years lol. He recently bought a S&W AR-15, but relys on his KM skills and not a handgun. I plan on getting him a .45 for Xmas and make sure he always has it on him or in his truck.

17. GlockRenegade

GlockRenegade New Member

Even though I am a big supporter of being a law abiding citizen, sometimes the law cant always protect you and you have to take matters into your own hands. GJ buddy

18. winds-of-change

winds-of-change The Balota's Staff Member

I guarantee you she does.........

19. unclebear

unclebear New Member

I wasn't conceal carrying I was walking through my uncles back property, I was carrying my winchester 30-30 just because I feel safer carrying one when I walk through the woods. But I was walking checking the fence making sure it was still in good condition, and I walked up on some people camping. I decided to stick back and watch what they were doing. Turned out it was a bunch of teenagers one of them had a shot gun and I only saw one pistol. So I stayed back into cover about 100 yards away from the camp on a small cliff.

I yelled to them that they are on private property and best leave, well one of the young men grabbed the shotgun and two more popped out one with a pistol but I couldn't see if the other two were armed. They yelled insults swearing up and down that they were invited and blah blah. Finally I just told them I would be calling the cops if they didn't leave. I don't really know what in the hell they were doing but I'm glade that I had my gun with me. Since then though I spent several days putting up a 5 foot bob wire fence and trail cameras up on more then just the deer trails.

Last edited: Jun 20, 2012
  20. gatorwest

gatorwest New Member

Great stories. I will share them with my students... Here's one of mine.... I was in a public restroom one night, number 2, when a couple of guys came in and kicked in a guys stall next to me and demanded his wallet. I heard the victim say don't shoot me and threw him his wallet. At that time I carried a Glock 17. When the perps kicked my door all they saw was the barrel. They tucked and ran. I finished my biz and then joined the man hunt. We caught them the following weekend doing the same thing at a Rey stop. Found out later that they had shot one of their Vic's for not having a wallet on him...side note --I always put my weapon in my underwear between my legs when in public restrooms.