Personal Ammo Stores

Discussion in 'Ammunition & Reloading' started by partdeux, Sep 23, 2020.

1. oO_Rogue_Oo

oO_Rogue_Oo Well-Known Member

To be 100% honest, I don't even know how many guns I have without looking. Eventually you can't remember them all off the top of your head. I use an inventory program to keep up with them.

PeeJay1313, G66enigma and elfmdl like this.
  2. partdeux

partdeux Well-Known Member Supporter

I use an inventory system too... Apparently SWMBO has snuck a couple of extra ones in there :)

Seeing them all in their cases was a bit impressive.

PeeJay1313 likes this.

3. G66enigma

G66enigma Well-Known Member Supporter

Had that problem once about a decade ago. Kept a spreadsheet of all of them, with pertinent details, along with the ammo. Had ammo cases and boxes stored (properly, against heat/humidity). A couple of tons total, I'd guessed at the time. Dang, but ammo's heavy.

Never had to explain it to anyone, but I sure caught myself asking "Now where the heck did this come from!" on a couple of occasions.

There are worse things.

PeeJay1313 likes this.
  4. PeeJay1313

PeeJay1313 Well-Known Member Supporter

I think most of us can say that..

Rifling82 likes this.
  5. Oldoutlaw

Oldoutlaw Well-Known Member Supporter

Cuz you obviously don't have that much ammo to even long term store it all.

Rifling82 likes this.
  6. locutus

locutus Well-Known Member Supporter

7. oO_Rogue_Oo

oO_Rogue_Oo Well-Known Member

Now thats funny. I'm sure there are plenty of people here that have more guns and ammo than I do (you may even be one of them); but I'd be willing to bet I'm in the top 10%.
    On any given day I maintain 100K + rounds spread across 20+ calibers.

I "long term store" (I don't have any older than 20 years) in 50 cal ammo cans; well actually I store my ammo almost exclusively in 50 cal ammo cans. Anything much bigger becomes a problem to move. I also live in a house that has a slab foundation and the 50 cal ammo cans allows me to better distribute the weight. I do worry about that and the affect on the slab etc. So far no cracks or settling of the foundation; at least that I'm aware of. Most of the auto pistol ammo I store 2K per ammo can. The revolver ammo, 1500 per can and rifle ammo 800 per.

8. echo1

echo1 Active Member

Like most of us, I have a **** ton of ammo. Lots of milsurp in wooden crates, tins, cases, .30 & .50 cas, and boxes. For SHTF the 2 20mm cans have 4 (?) SKS chest rigs each. I built others using GI web belts with Yugo, Russian, or Chinese stripper pouches. 2 more rigs with HK91 mags, and one tac vest with 6 AR mags. That's the Red Alert heap, the range bag is more sanitary. PAX

Last edited: Oct 6, 2020
    Oldoutlaw likes this.
  9. dirtygary

dirtygary Member

I have just a couple of guns and some ammo. Careful on what you post because I.R.S. views "collections" as a taxable asset when you pass.

PeeJay1313 likes this.
  10. Txhillbilly

Txhillbilly Well-Known Member

That's why you put everything in a Trust.

Rifling82 and echo1 like this.