Person you would most like to meet from this forum

Discussion in 'The Club House' started by Durendal, Jul 30, 2008.

1. Durendal

Durendal New Member

After I read a post I find myself wondering what type of person wrote this, a lot of this stuff is great. For my money these are the guys I would like to invite out for a beer and a chat. Bkt, Dillinger, RL357Mag and Jables. These are the people that most impressed me with their knowledge and take on life here at FirearmsTALK.

2. Dillinger

Dillinger New Member

Hey! How about that. Honorable mention. Really cool! Thank you!

For me, definitely bkt & Matt g, cpttango30 and I have a LONG discussion due about rifle actions. :p RL357Mag for sure. Scott G, because he cracks me up. Billt, he seems to really know is stuff and I want to pick his brain. Chorst and Robo, along with any other policemen/first responders because I would like to buy them a beer for all they do for us. Definitely guys like JWIII and trueevil - Any of my military guys would be a must, and the drinks would be on me.

So many good people here really. A group get together would be awesome. This is one of the best forums I have ever visited. The people here don't hoard the info, and they don't make the new comers feel like outsiders.

This is a good forum, with many good members. I am proud to be part of it...

Really cool thread idea Durendal! +1

JD

3. RL357Mag

RL357Mag New Member

Thank you for the compliment Durendal! I would be honored to go out with you for a beer and a chat - make mine a soda though - I quit drinking many moons ago. Incidentally my list also includes the members you cited, and quite a few more. Actually probably everyone out here with the exception of maybe 2 or 3. I don't want to list them all because I know I will forget someone and I don't want to offend anyone. We would definately have to stay off the topic of the upcoming election, or I might end up drinking!

Last edited: Jul 30, 2008
  4. ScottG

ScottG New Member

Sadly, if you met me you'd find a small, embittered old man. Tired of life, tired of the job, tired of yelling at the neighborhood kids to GET OFFA MY LAWN!!!! :p

police update: neighbors said, "he was such a quiet man...."

5. RL357Mag

RL357Mag New Member

Isn't it amazing how we become our fathers....

6. CA357

CA357 New Member Supporter

And it's a cryin' shame too. :eek:

7. ScottG

ScottG New Member

Ahh, I ain't nowhere near the man my dad is....:(

8. cpttango30

cpttango30 New Member

Eeryone. I want to meet everyone. Thats just me. I like to flap my jaw and I can do it all day and night esp if it is about guns.

9. bkt

bkt New Member

Pretty much everyone, I think. Particularly R357Mag, though. We'd probably get along a lot better in person. :) Words typed on a forum doesn't always do a great job of telling the whole story.

10. RL357Mag

RL357Mag New Member

Amen brother!

11. RL357Mag

RL357Mag New Member

Neither am I, nor can I ever hope to be, but I do have his intollerance for stupidity, disrespect, and anti-American politicians.

12. Dillinger

Dillinger New Member

Ah man, you're too hard on yourself. If you thought you were, you probably didn't have any respect for him in the first place.

I could live another 100 years and probably not live up to what my father and grandfather did, in my eyes.

It's the way it should be really. We do the best we can, but we always have a bar that we think is set higher than we can achieve. Old fashioned motivation, not found in bottles of meds and not found inside the cover of GQ.

JD

13. fapprez

fapprez New Member

Wow, J.D. I didn't take you for the G.Q type. Do you Really know whats between the covers of that mag?:D

14. ScottG

ScottG New Member

GQ? Guns Quarterly???? ;)

15. Dillinger

Dillinger New Member

Yeah. Sometimes they put topless chicks in there. :D Anytime I have to fly, I stop by the airport magazine rack and flip through the covers to see who's showing what this month... LOL

JD

16. dirtysouth

dirtysouth New Member

im am actually proud to be like my father he was and is a good father. He did his best with what he had. He also served his country with out complaint for 24 years in the Air Force.

Yes there are many people on here i wouldnt mind going to have a coke with. I also quit drinking. Or better yet i wouldnt mind going to the range and firing off a few rounds.

Thats whats so great about this forum we have many differnt and knowledgeable people

17. gorknoids

gorknoids New Member

All the chicks. DUH!

18. chopkick

chopkick New Member

I'd like to take J.D. and Canebrake out for a big steak and a few even bigger beers. Guarantee by nights end, we would solve worlds problems and get 1911 tattoo's somewhere on our bodies! :D

19. matt g

matt g New Member Supporter

[​IMG]

I'd have to go with notdku, because I've been dealing with him over at Jeep Forum for years. Other than that, JD, Ineffable, cpttango, canebrake and a few others will always be welcome at my house. Steaks and beer are on me if you guys can ever venture into enemy held territory.

20. matt g

matt g New Member Supporter

If I die half of the man that my father is, I've done well for myself.

Last edited: Jan 29, 2009