Perfecta ammo at WalMart.

Discussion in 'Ammunition & Reloading' started by SSGN_Doc, May 14, 2014.

1. SSGN_Doc

SSGN_Doc Well-Known Member

Was at Wally World this evening and finally timed it right, and found some reasonably priced 9mm range ammo. Hadn't seen this stuff before. Says it is Perfecta as a brand name, but is made in Italy, imported by TulAmmo. It is brass cased, 115 gr FMJ, boxer primed. Looks like the bullets may be brass jacketed as well. Was $13 and change per box of 50. We'll see how it shoots. It's been a long time since I actually saw any 9mm at a Walmart around here, other than defensive loads.

Last week I paid $20 for American Eagle 9mm.

2. winds-of-change

winds-of-change The Balota's Staff Member

I'm curious. I never heard of Perfecta but I've heard of TulAmmo with mixed reviews.

3. DrFootball

DrFootball disappointed & disgusted, But DETERMINED... Lifetime Supporter

First time I have heard of it. Wally has been better of late, I just have not "needed" any since my Pawn & Gun guy got me my most recent order.

Sent from my iPad using Firearms Talk

4. aandabooks

aandabooks New Member

One of my Wal-Marts has had it a couple times. $13.97 per 50. I bought a box to try out and figured at worst I would recover some brass for my reloading stockpile. I ran a few rounds through a Beretta PX4 9mm before I sold it to a buddy of mine and gave him the rest of the box. Shot well enough and I couldn't feel a difference between it and any other 115gr factory loads I have ever shot.

5. Axxe55

Axxe55 The Apocalypse Is Coming.....

can't say i have heard of that brand. seems to be priced right if it's good ammo though.

6. Bluestar99

Bluestar99 New Member

I've run some and had no problems with it.

7. FernandoTheCommando

FernandoTheCommando New Member

Sounds exactly like the tulammo brass maxx 9mm I bought at wally world. It's looks like it's jacketed in brass too. I'm willing to bet a lot of these similar/identical rounds are coming from tulla and they just get branded out to other guys for a profit. Did they come in a round plastic tub?

8. nchunt101

nchunt101 New Member

I know Heters ammo from Cabelas is repackaged Tula Ammo so it would not suprise me.

9. therewolf

therewolf New Member

Tulammo is what it is. Cheap ammo. People are

somehow delighted to pay half as much for it, then

pissed off, at the range, when it doesn't perform as

well as ammo costing twice as much. HOKAY...

10. nchunt101

nchunt101 New Member

I don't think Tula is great stuff but it is good for plinking etc. I have personally had a lot more problems with PMC.

11. Axxe55

i have had excellent luck with PMC ammo over the years. i buy lots of PMC ammo in 223, 5.56mm and 45 auto. i use the 45 cases for reloading after shooting it. and the 357 Mag. and 9mm ammo is pretty good too.

12. FernandoTheCommando

Pmc has been fine for me too. Maybe it's a LITTLE dirtier than premium stuff, but who cares anyway. Not me.

13. Axxe55

actually the dirtiest factory ammo i have ever shot, centerfire or rimfire is the Winchester ammo. now it works fine, just seems after i shoot the Winchester ammo, i do spend longer cleaning than i do other brands.

the PMC ammo for me seems to run no dirtier than most other brands i shoot.

14. Eagle1803

Eagle1803 New Member

You get what you pay for.....especially At Wal-Mart

15. nchunt101

nchunt101 New Member

I liked PMC for plinking but the last batch I got was doo doo. It was just really really dirty. I dunno if that was just the batch.

16. Axxe55

the ammo you get at WalMart is no different than the ammo you get anywhere else. the only difference is that WalMart can afford to buy in huge quantities and get a greater break in cost, and sell it for less than anyone else. same way they do with pretty much everything in their stores. it's how they built their empire into what it is.

17. Eagle1803

Eagle1803 New Member

Exactly Axxe, I was referring to the cheaper brand Ammo though, But your right that is how they built their empire putting alot of small business out of business. you can tell I like Wal-mart LOL, I don't set foot in the store, but we won't go there.:)

18. Axxe55

i dislike WalMart myself, but it's pretty much the only game in town for us. if i can it elsewhere for about the same price or not much higher, i will shop elsewhere.

i worked for them in Fleet Maintanance on the trucks for many years. i learned about some of the ways they conduct business. i made good money and my benefits were pretty decent, but i got to the point i was having to play more politics and games that didn't set well with me.

19. Eagle1803

Eagle1803 New Member

Yeh they have intrapped alot of people with the only Game in town, I live outside a Military Installation and have all benefits, otherwise I would be in the same boat as alot of people. Wal-Mart is a lib organization, they are also slowly ramping down their gun sales and ammo. Pretty soon they will not sell that stuff anymore, you wait and see.

20. FernandoTheCommando

Well if they stop selling ammo, then I won't have a reason to shop there haha. It'll be nice not to have to rub shoulders with people who could've been extras in the lord of the rings without costume/makeup.