Pepsi can explosion

Discussion in 'The Club House' started by Ruger22lr, Aug 3, 2014.

1. Ruger22lr

Ruger22lr New Member

So I went to open a can of Pepsi and whenever I did it exploded, I did not freeze it, heat it or shake it up. The explosion made my ears ring for an hour after, my hand was oozing/bleeding for a while after too.

Attached Files:

2. winds-of-change

winds-of-change The Balota's Staff Member

Wow. Sounds like it was over carbonated. I would contact the Pepsi company and report it.

3. Ruger22lr

Ruger22lr New Member

Yeah it sounded like the time I shot a 12 gauge without hearing protection. But the Pepsi customer service line won't open until 9AM EST on Monday.

Last edited: Aug 3, 2014
  4. 1turkeyhunter

1turkeyhunter New Member

Sooooo, if hot coffee is worth a cool million.......... how much could one squeeze out of a boobie trapped pepsi can?? If your as lucky as I am, I wouldnt be able to get them to provide a bandaid!
    Seriously though, I would save everything and call as soon as possible. Could have been a little kid, and a lot worse. Very strange.

5. WebleyFosbery38

WebleyFosbery38 New Member

Ouch, call a damn Lawyer man! They make the cans so damn thin they barely hold the pressure of gravity much less carbonation! If one falls out of the fridge on the floor by mistake, its going off like a grenade, no doubt about it! I had a bottle of water a couple days ago that the plastic was barely more supportive than a baggy.

6. Axxe55

Axxe55 The Apocalypse Is Coming.....

that just looks nasty!:eek:

looks like it hurt too.:(

7. Ruger22lr

Ruger22lr New Member

Oh it didn't hurt but it hurts now. Oh and of course I can't even contact Pepsi until 9AM tomorrow.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Aug 3, 2014
  8. JimRau

JimRau Well-Known Member Supporter

That is why I am a Coke guy!!!:D

9. Ruger22lr

Ruger22lr New Member

I'll be happy if I get free PepsiCo products for life. I can't have a tetanus shot either.

10. EW1066

EW1066 Member Supporter

I would worry more about an infection from rat and mouse fecal matter on top of the can. I don't usually drink from cans. I worked in the grocery business for far too long to trust that the top of the can is clean.

E-DUB

11. Highpower

Highpower New Member

If you are lucky you might a get a coupon for a free six-pack. :(

12. MisterMcCool

MisterMcCool Well-Known Member Supporter

Did you go to the hospital?

13. mopowerbmx

mopowerbmx New Member

Wth. If it had that much pressure the top and bottom should have been deformed and bulging. That's every odd. If left cans in the sun and they still didn't have that much pressure. The tops bulged tho. They force carbonate the cans in production. It could very well have been double primed. But it should have exploded in transit. Lawsuit maybe. Compensation yes.

14. gr8oldguy

gr8oldguy New Member

Ouch. Another reason I don't drink carbonated drinks.

15. Chainfire

Chainfire Well-Known Member Supporter

I would be greatly surprised if Pepsi gives you the time of day. Wash your hand and put a band aide on it for heavens sake.

If you feel up to long drawn out litigation over a tiny cut in your hand, go for it, but hope you don't go to a jury with someone like me on it, 'cause, I would give you less than I expect Pepsi to.

16. winds-of-change

winds-of-change The Balota's Staff Member

Just think what a burp that pop would have produced if one were able to drink it. :eek:

17. Hookeye

Hookeye Well-Known Member

Pepsi is hippie p*ss.

18. Artbrownsr

Artbrownsr Well-Known Member Lifetime Supporter

Put it all in a ziplock baggie and store out of light and in a cool place. Not necesarily in the fridge.

19. mopowerbmx

mopowerbmx New Member

Being from N.C. Them there are fighting words.

20. Chainfire

Chainfire Well-Known Member Supporter

This is untrue. I am a hippie and I have never pissed Pepsi. Diet Pepsi, maybe, but I have never checked to be sure. ;)