People of Illinois - Lend me your eyes

Discussion in 'Legal and Activism' started by PrimePorkchop, Feb 20, 2012.

1. PrimePorkchop

PrimePorkchop New Member

I posted this in another thread in the Illinois Gun Forum - but it's pretty bare there right now...please join us for further discussions! =)

But in the mean time, Im trying to reach as many people as possible. This isn't "my cause" nor am I saying i'm the leader of anything. This is simply a plea for my fellow Illinoisians (if thats a word?) to join together and TOGETHER take down the Gun Nazis in Springfield & Chicago.

They are the minority in this conversation - it's time we prove it.

Anyways, here was my post

Last edited: Feb 20, 2012
  2. AIKIJUTSU

AIKIJUTSU New Member

It may not be the people who like these dirtbags that are re-electing them time after time, but all their dead relatives who follow the theme, "vote early and vote as many times and in as many precincts as you can get away with it"

3. Chandler51

Chandler51 New Member

That's well said, prime.

4. PrimePorkchop

PrimePorkchop New Member

I admit that this is part of the problem. But it's not the deciding factor. Quinn won 2012 by a margin of less than 1%. That's 31,834 votes

I can guarantee everyone that on election day, there were at least 31,835 gun owners who set on their hind ends and said one of the follow two things:

"my vote doesn't count"
    "Doesn't matter, Chicago decides the winner"

And since at least 31,835 people decided to go with that philosophy, it became a self-fulfilling one.

5. hddave

hddave New Member

I had finally had enough of the B.S. in Hellinois. Moved to S.Ohio 3 wks. ago. It's like another world down here. Freedoms are embraced not stomped on. Guns are everywhere, People are polite and respectful of each other. I'm just sad it took me so long to get here. The people of Illinois deserve what they get. They keep electing these idiots. You're gonna have to do more than rant if you ever want it to change. I'll watch from down here with amusement. Good Luck!

6. PrimePorkchop

PrimePorkchop New Member

Believe me when I say if I could find a job outside illinois that pays what this one does , id be moving out of illinois too

7. etbob9

etbob9 Member

You're being strongly heard down here. Surely the
    people of Illinois can hear you. Keep up the good
    work and know, we are pulling for you!

Illinois is a beautiful State and it is a shame the
    corruption in the government can bring such unrest
    and injury to her law abiding citizens! :mad:

8. vincent

vincent New Member

You're doing a good thing here PPC...avatar still makes me hungry! :p

We hear people rant and rave about the "antis", why and how they're so wrong and so utterly ignorant. I don't know personally how the social climate is in IL when it comes to 2A rights...BUT...I DO know how it is in the northeast...here's my take...

To the rabid anti gunners...eff 'em in the ear...eff 'em in the other ear, we're wasting our time trying to open closed minds, those aren't the people we need to reach. Speaking from experience there are literally THOUSANDS AND THOUSANDS (millions?) of good folks who are indifferent on the subject...THOSE are the people we need to reach. A significant amount of people don't shoot, own firearms or even think about our passion unless it comes up on the news...and I think we all know how that plays out. Teach them to understand that our beloved 2A ISN'T about the gun itself, but about OUR CONSTITUTIONAL RIGHTS and OBLIGATION TO SURVIVE.

I have friends in the northeast that never ever think twice about a gun, not because they're opposed to them, but because it's just not a part of their everyday life. (crimeinitaly is wasn't until fairly recently that you could buy beer on Sunday and open a tattoo shop in MASS!!!) If we can find a way to show them it's about our GOD GIVEN RIGHT TO SURVIVE, not about the gun itself, and how our constitution is being underhandedly bastardized and eroded we might sway some votes our way.

Rant over....:cool:

Last edited: Feb 20, 2012
  9. Chandler51

Chandler51 New Member

Down south we say "eff 'em in the neck". I don't know why, or specifically what it even means...but that's what we say. :)

10. purehavoc

purehavoc New Member

PPC,
    Im not sure who your voting for but I still have a Pliura signs available I would gladly hook you up with if you would like one for your yard . Im not too far from Champaign and would gladly run one over to ya . Get the word out !!!
    and vote these wanna be dicktators out

11. Magnum27

Magnum27 New Member

Illinois is DISGUSTING. We moved up the 2008 election to help Dumbama get into office. But don't move it up for the Republican primary. WTF!!

Rahm is now acting like he is the Governor of IL and demanding Quinn do things.

I will be working to get all these corrupt Libs out of office.

12. PrimePorkchop

PrimePorkchop New Member

I very much appreciate your offer, I do have a Pliura sign in my yard already (the guys at the pawn shop gave me one) I'll be supporting anyone in the coming election that is pro-gun.

Sure, there are many problems our state faces, but I know if I elect someone who's intelligent enough to see the need for the unbasterized 2nd amendment, then they're intelligent enough to fix all other problems that come before them.

Pliura gets my vote because he's never been in state office before. THose are the kinds of people we need. The ones that haven't drank the Kool Aid of Chicago liberalism.

13. beastmode986

beastmode986 New Member

Illinois wouldn't b that bad if it had good gun laws.

14. TDS92A

TDS92A New Member Supporter

@PrimePorkChop,

Have you contacted your local NRA rep? They have access to the materials necessary to start flooding the area with information, if they have not already. Just a suggestion.

15. beastmode986

beastmode986 New Member

Just realized I posted the same thing awhile back lol

16. WebleyFosbery38

WebleyFosbery38 New Member

No doubt, this isnt just an Il issue, its nationwide. The Big City Vs Rural America, bigger rivalry than Godzilla and any of his NMEs! Unfortunately, our numbers are so scattered that its like a pile of gunpowder Vs the same amount spread over a table top, which is more powerful? Both have the same potential but proximity matters and we dont have it!

Im responsible for caring for 9 acres of NYS, keeping it productive and paying taxes for those that pay none and get the same exact voice in our futures. Think about it, I own more property than the equivalent of 1000 NY city dwellers that dont pay a dime of School or County taxes. Albany is like a North Eastern Mason Dixon line, Poor and Middle Class own and secure the bounties of the state for Millions downstate that will always have the choice of controlling interest in the states management. Thats ridiculous, Im not rich and I cannot provide the services and waste they demand, no way, no how!

They get their Electricity, Water, Food, textiles, building Products, NRG and even dump their waste products in our backyards but they dont give us a voice in our own future!

We support the Constitution and BOR's Upstate but they dont protect us from our fellow Statesmen...