pending grand jury decision and ccw

Discussion in 'Concealed Carrying & Personal Protection' started by robertusa123, Nov 18, 2014.

1. robertusa123

robertusa123 New Member

Anyone else. Finding them self's up grading their ccw to a larger caliper and/or capacity because of the pending grand jury decision in Ferguson. I myself snubbing the caliber snobs usually carry just a Kel Tec P 32. but lately I've been carrying my p11 9 millimeter with an extra magazine

2. c3shooter

c3shooter Administrator Staff Member

My crystal ball is in the shop for calibration and an oil change. Can't predict the future worth a hoot.

Personally, I am more concerned with local whackos and druggies than I am with what happens in Ferguson.

But when the moment comes that you really NEED a firearm, no matter what the origin of the moment, you are going to dance with the one you brought.

Choose carefully, everyday.

3. Rick1967

Rick1967 Well-Known Member

I see crazy wackos all the time. Ferguson really means nothing to me. I have a bunch of guns. And I am competent with all of them. If I run into trouble someday, I will be using whatever I happen to have with me. Chances are it will be a 38 snubby.

4. Mercator

Mercator Active Member

My thoughts are with the DA's office or what they call it around Ferguson. They evidently decided let's not do a Zimmeman.

Instead of just slapping a bogus indictment like in Florida, and ending up with egg on their faces, they are making the 12 random laypeople responsible by "presenting all sides of the story".

You are a prosecutor damn it. You either tell the grand jury you HAVE a case, or you don't even go there. Now if Wilson is indicted and acquitted, they have covered their sorry a$$es with a fig leaf.

I don't expect the riots where I live.

5. AmPaTerry

AmPaTerry Forum Chaplain Lifetime Supporter

I arm myself sufficient for the circumstances I am going in to.
    I would be heavily armed going anywhere in a St. Louis suburb before this whole thing, and I would do the same afterward.
    We lived a few weeks in Florissant, which is right next to Ferguson. It was a bad-news area then, and time has not improved it.

My normal every day around home carry is an original government 1911 parts gun.
    My normal going to town carry is a Glock 17.
    My normal spending all day in the city carry is a Glock 17 with two spare mags and a Ruger LCP BUG. Sometimes, I will drop a double .22 derringer in my pocket for a BUBUG.
    Overdoing it?
    Not if I need them - -

6. thdrduck

thdrduck New Member

Just don't get why people will use any excuse to riot and loot their own neighborhood. Puzzles me.

7. winds-of-change

winds-of-change The Balota's Staff Member

Really. What does stealing tvs out of the local appliance store going to prove?

8. ScottA

ScottA FAA licensed bugsmasher Lifetime Supporter

The only change I would make in behavior is to avoid St. Louis this week. They may have a problem there, but I doubt it will spread with any significance.

9. JonM

JonM Moderator

Doesn't change anything.

If there is justice the officer will be found not guilty good shoot.

Thugs are going to be thugs no matter. I already have to contend with the possibility and sometimes strong probability of racist attacks. Whether a bunch of racists in st louis choose to riot because a grand jury sides with justice changrs nothing on my defensive loadout

10. Mercator

Mercator Active Member

They compensate themselves for the social injustice.

11. GTX63

GTX63 New Member

An EMP could turn our grids to toast and they would still be lugging big screens out of Best Buy.

12. Eagle1803

Eagle1803 New Member

EDIT by Mod-

Not appropriate.

C3

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 18, 2014
  13. rn-cindy

rn-cindy Active Member

If they were thinking....they would announce now...during this 4-5 day cold snap...You might get a few retards out in the road showing their a55.....but most of them aint coming out of their free, Govt heated "cribs" this week....

14. JTJ

JTJ Well-Known Member Supporter

Berkeley CA has put out warnings for anticipated riots. I imagine other cities are preparing quietly. I concur with one of the protesters demands in stopping the use of rubber bullets. If the rioters were white they would be shooting real bullets so I vote for equality. I still remember the Watts riots. The good people did not riot. It is nothing but an excuse for theft by the dishonest. A big smash and grab.

Last edited: Nov 18, 2014
  15. eatmydust

eatmydust New Member

I'm willing to bet that you won't find Eric Holder's all natural *** anywhere near Ferguson in the near future! Why doesn't he just step in as a concerned citizen & calm everyone's ire now?

Oh, 'cause now he doesn't give a crap, since he's not being paid to show up.

16. Mercator

Mercator Active Member

His appeal for calm would go a long way. An excellent point.

I think the SOB will welcome the riots.

17. rn-cindy

rn-cindy Active Member

You are probably right...remember...one of his famous quote's "never let a tragedy go to waste".....

18. JTJ

JTJ Well-Known Member Supporter

He and his boss did all they could to encourage them. Another criminal that could have been Obama's son.

19. rjd3282

rjd3282 New Member

Getting back to the original post. If your caliber was ok before why wouldn't it be after the grand jury decision? If you think it isn't good enough after the decision it probably isn't good enough now.

20. LikeABoss

LikeABoss Member Lifetime Supporter

I'm thinking about going down a caliber now that the FBI has spoken.