Peep sight

Discussion in 'General Rifle Discussion' started by drugan, Mar 23, 2012.

1. drugan

drugan New Member

Have a marlin xl7 in 30-06. I have a 3x9 scope on it now. While it is lots of fun shooting at the range I'm not real good in short distances. I primarily use this gun for deer hunting in the north east. A peep sight would be ideal. Can I put one on the pikatanny rail I have and just have a front sight put on?

2. hiwall

hiwall Well-Known Member

3. JTJ

JTJ Well-Known Member Supporter

Or you could get a red dot scope 1X.

4. hiwall

hiwall Well-Known Member

JTJ has a good idea. Having iron sights installed will be pricey. A red dot or some other 1x optic might be a good plan.

5. JTJ

JTJ Well-Known Member Supporter

You could even go with a 1-4X scope. Some have red dots built in if you need it. I have a 1-4X24 scope with red dot on my AR. You will still have the scope if the battery fails.

6. drugan

drugan New Member

Thx yea I deff want something lo pro I was hoping to us the picatanny rail so I could switch in and out with the scope.
    What I really want is a Remington 7600 but buying another gun right now won't score me any points with the gf. I figured I could swing some gunsmithing without raising any brows.

7. jpattersonnh

jpattersonnh Active Member

If the GF does not like it, find a new one! Look at a 2-7x32 or 40mm or a 1.5x5x40mm. That should take care of your issues. I use a 4x32mm on my 6.5x55 hunting rifle here in NH, 3-9 should be ok.