Pearl Harbor Rememberance Day

Discussion in 'History' started by zaitsev44, Dec 7, 2012.

1. zaitsev44

zaitsev44 Active Member

Today is the 71st anniversary of Pearl Harbor, and I noticed that very few calendars put that in. Also each year fewer and fewer places of business put their flags at half mast. Also the general focus of honoring Pearl Harbor vets is low (that I've noticed) I knew a vet that was on the USS Arizona, he passed away before I got to ask him (he would talk about it unlike many vets). This was my little rant, piece your opinion please. I put it in history because it's more of history than controversy.

2. potentialglock

potentialglock New Member

I agree. I believe we should put the flags at half staff every year on December 7th.

3. zaitsev44

zaitsev44 Active Member

I agree too and an actual national Rememberance day

4. 25-5

25-5 New Member

Agreed.................

5. Marlinman

Marlinman New Member

Its pretty damn sad the Japs still honor this day nation wide yet we don't. Alot of good Marines and Navy people were killed on this day and yet no one cares hardly anymore. Our country is so damn pathetic and gettin worse everyday

6. zaitsev44

zaitsev44 Active Member

I agree 100%, I say that 7.3 earthquake in Japan was payback 71 years late, but I still hold a grudge against all the japs. This country is screwed off the charts

7. Marlinman

Marlinman New Member

I don't hold a grudge perse against em but I do have hard feelings. I have one race of people I hate and ill hate em till the day I die-muslims/jihadis. That comes from gettin shot at by the stupid religious nuts. Most of them are VERY stupid from what iv seen

Last edited: Dec 7, 2012
  8. zaitsev44

zaitsev44 Active Member

That's a better word, I strongly dislike them, and they deserve every last punishment coming thie way.

9. shadecorp

shadecorp Active Member Supporter

SAD :mad:;
    Watched morning tv.
    Not one word.
    My Flags are flying.
    GOD bless our Troops,
    Past
    Present
    and future.

10. zaitsev44

zaitsev44 Active Member

I agree man, my local news talked about it but not CBS (communist bull sh!t)

11. Rick1967

Rick1967 Well-Known Member

The first thing I did this morning when I arrived at work was to walk to my flag pole and lower the flag. I immediately noticed that the gas station next door and the taco bell across the street neither one lowered theirs. I always tell them. They always ignore me. Freaking A-holes!

12. Marlinman

Marlinman New Member

I had a guy in my community raise a rising sun in my community today......it lost the sun bout 20 mins after I 1st seen it. A Remington 870 riot gun loaded w 000 bick will do that. I then cut it down and burned it. I told him you are in america and you raise THAT flag on this day ehy? He had the balls to say to celebrate japans greatest moment. I then reminded him of their WORST day-just before I kicked him in the face and told him Hiroshima wouldn't hold a candle to how he's gonna feel. The old man next door yelled Ooooooh Rah and semper fi to me. As well as thank you Marine for defending HIS honor and the Corps sacrifices.

13. Mosin

Mosin Well-Known Member

Wait? You just shot a dudes flag, burned it, then kicked him in the face?

14. Marlinman

Marlinman New Member

Yep. After he was told to kindly take it down please. He told the person to eff off and the next person to say something about his flag was gonna get shot. Being head of security I was told about it. I went and talked to the person he said that too. Then I went back and told him to remove the flag please. He told me to f off. You guys know the rest.

15. Chainfire

Chainfire Well-Known Member Supporter

My first task on the 7th was to lower the National and State flags. It gave me a few moments to reflect on the deaths of many of our Sailors, Marines, and Soldiers sacrifice on that day.

It is easier to remember, reflect on, and celebrate great victories rather than humiliating defeats. The Americans have little to celebrate in WWII until the great naval victory at Midway in 1942.

16. TLuker

TLuker Active Member

Don't forget that quite a few solders were killed as well. I had a great uncle that was severely wounded. He was in the Army, and I had to mention the soldiers for him. His body was stacked on a box car with all the dead and a nurse happened to see him move. He never got over his injuries.

Eventually Perl Harbor will be just another day in the history books, but it should at the very least continue to be honored by all so long as anyone alive at that time is still with us. Sadly there aren't many of that generation left. Eventually all of that generation will be gone and a lot of our nations greatest moments will go with them.

17. mrmac

mrmac New Member

I was in grade school during ww2 and everyone referred to Jap Rats. If you use the word Jap today you are a bigot and politically incorrect. We can thank the fuzzy minded liberals for laying a guilt trip on us.

18. 25-5

25-5 New Member

I use the word Jap all the time. No guilt at all.
    "Lest we forget".