Pbs

Discussion in 'The Club House' started by freefall, Jan 4, 2011.

1. freefall

freefall New Member

I know PBS is a gov't funded liberal propaganda machine, but last night I taped a session of Stevie Ray Vaughn and Albert King. (Can't stay up that late, I'm an old phart) Wow. Those guys could play. Wish a for-profit station would show stuff like that, and a lot more often than PBS does.

Last edited: Jan 4, 2011
  2. falseharmonix

falseharmonix New Member

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fC71fFdCsbk]YouTube - Stevie Ray Vaughan - Testify[/ame]

3. billdeserthills

billdeserthills New Member

Oh Yeah,
    Well I'm here to tell ya they do got a station that plays that type of entertainment- Only you hafta buy it, CABLE

4. fireguy

fireguy New Member

I saw the same thing a while back when PBS was doing a pledge drive. Pretty good music and great fun watching them play off each other.
    Love me some blues!

5. DrJason

DrJason New Member

Actually PBS and NPR get very small percentage of their funding from the gov't, most is from "viewers like you" fund-raising drives and corporate grants.....that said I DO agree that they definitely have a liberal slant to their programing

6. notdku

notdku Administrator Staff Member

I watch PBS to get away from the norm.

7. Ubergopher

Ubergopher New Member

I'm a big fan of PBS, I loved watching The Red Green Show, British sitcoms (Yes Prime Minister, etc etc etc), and other such stuff.

Some of their documentaries are pretty good too.

8. freefall

freefall New Member

I've got cable, I never find stuff like this anywhere but PBS. Austin City Limits is pretty cool too. Instead of pledge drives they should just sell DVDs of ACL for $20.

9. amoroque

amoroque New Member

When I was a kid, I totally remember watching the Grateful Dead and Fleetwood Mac on PBS. You are right, they dont have concerts like that anywhere on TV.

I guess I've never noticed the liberal propaganda, but then again, I guess all I've ever watched is the concerts on PBS.

10. 7point62

7point62 Lifetime Supporting Member Lifetime Supporter

SRV was the man.

PBS produced a documentary called The Marines a few years ago and it did not make us look like insane baby-killin rapists.

Last edited: Jan 4, 2011
  11. Yunus

Yunus New Member

If anyone has DirecTv the 101 network does show a lot of concerts from a variety of artists.

12. JR36

JR36 New Member

PBS documentaries have always been a staple in my life. I second what 7point said about The Marines. It's good **** and the best program I've seen done on the Corps.