PayPal Strikes Again

Discussion in 'Company Review Forum' started by GallowayPrecision, Aug 28, 2019.

1. GallowayPrecision

GallowayPrecision New Member

For those of you that still use PayPal, you should stop immediately. While in the past we were forced to use them on eBay, they shut down our payment processing and seized around $13,000 in our account saying we had violated their Acceptable Use Policy. Here's the thing, nothing we sold on eBay violated that, because well they use the blanket statement "Certain Firearm Accessories and Parts are banned from Sale". Don't tell you what parts, because then they can choose at whim what to shut down a small business for. Held our money for six months, well last week they changed their policy stating they would no longer absorb violation fees that they pay to the U.S. Government. Oh and these "violations" are $2500 a pop. They have NO ACTUAL PAPERWORK on what we violated, and refuse to give us anything. Only $2500 violation I can think of would be ITAR, and we don't ship outside of the US. So they kept our $13,000 dollars saying it was fees for violations, haven't told us what it was nor will tell us, and because of the current political climate we can even get our own Sheriff's Department to file charges. They say somewhere buried in the legalese will be clauses that they can do this. Add in that PayPal is super friendly with our current governor and they are in the same f'ing building as our state Attorney General means that money is gone forever. A few months payroll for one employee gone. Bonuses for employees gone. All highly criminal behavior, but completely legal because our illustrious Government has allowed corporations more rights than actual people. Think we were the only ones? Nope, everyones favorite grip appliqué Tractiongrips, Type 01 FFL Dealer has had their eBay account suspended, and I would guess at this point their account drained as well. Don emailed us this morning with Google Ad Sense terminating his account without ANY PRIOR VIOLATIONS OR REASON, stating it is due to a change in their policies. Wake up people, Big Brother doesn't have to ban ****, they're getting their corporate lackeys to do all the work for them.

big shrek, bluez, primer1 and 2 others like this.
  2. oO_Rogue_Oo

oO_Rogue_Oo Well-Known Member

Dirty business by dirty SOBs. Hate to hear they got away with screwing you.

jigs-n-fixture likes this.

3. W.T. Sherman

W.T. Sherman Well-Known Member

never fell for the scam PayPal or the defuncted GunPal that targeted the gun community.

if a company doesn't accept a REAL credit card, for whatever they're selling, I'm not buying. I use CC exclusively for on-line buying, simply because it's the CC money at risk not mine.

if things go south, they are quick to do a charge back on the merchant and hit him with a large charge back fee for being a jackwagon. I like that :D

locutus, primer1, Oldoutlaw and 2 others like this.
  4. Nod

Nod Well-Known Member

Just canceled my acct. Seldom used it but don't want them having access to any money.

Caveman Jim likes this.
  5. Chainfire

Chainfire Well-Known Member Supporter

The only question will be who violated the terms of the contract. If Paypal did, and I doubt it, you will get a lawyer who will take it on contingency, and you will get your money back in a year or so. It sounds like it is time to lawyer up, it will get better results than a gun forum complaint.

JRDallas likes this.
  6. PaBushMan

PaBushMan Well-Known Member

Im not going to stop using paypal on ebay. I buy a lot of my gun accessories there. Never had an issue.

Biohazard2, JRDallas and Oldoutlaw like this.
  7. SGWGunsmith

SGWGunsmith Well-Known Member Supporter

I've been using PayPal for several years now, and they've been extremely helpful when some jack-wagon said he didn't get his parts, but the USPS tracking number recorded that he did. No complaints what-so-ever.
    So, Galloway's whining doesn't get an audience with me. Would like to read the whole story, not just one 'jaded' side.

8. Caveman Jim

Caveman Jim Well-Known Member

The Mob now wear skinny jeans, twat knots (man buns) & suits!!!

towboater likes this.
  9. IowaShooter

IowaShooter Well-Known Member Supporter

They are crooks - no doubt about it

Anyone who has a PayPal balance has that money at risk of confiscation

If you get paid via PayPal for some reason, better take your money out of PayPal account frequently

We have $1100 in PayPal lockup due to some stupid violation of a policy that they didn't explain to my satisfaction... We may never see it

We sell gun cleaning stuff on eBay

We also do on GunBroker

EBay sales volume is 5X as much... So we are SOL and have to deal with Paypal

Last edited: Aug 28, 2019
    towboater likes this.
  10. Oldoutlaw

Oldoutlaw Well-Known Member Supporter

If I had to guess? It would be that one or more gun manufacturers complained about your performance parts making a product dangerous in their opinion. Invalidating warranties, and the gun owner complaining when they won't fix a gun modified with your parts. Would not be the first time they have done this.

Caveman Jim and JRDallas like this.
  11. W.T. Sherman

1100 bucks stolen from iowa 13,000 from Galloway, 14,100 bucks and that is just from 2 people. there are no doubt 10s of thousands of other people that PayPal stole money from this way with this scam. which might add up to millions, plus lets not forget the "fees" PP collects just to let you use your own money.

man, sweet scam. don't need to rob a bank, traffic in narcotics and end up in prison if caught. just form a on-line pay option company, steal all the money you want legally and in the open

Last edited: Aug 28, 2019
  12. Chainfire

If you don't like a business, you take your business elsewhere. If someone steals your money you file a complaint with the sheriff. When you can't get a satisfactory answer from a corporation, a letter from your attorney usually does.

It is that sneaky small print that gets you. Usually corporate contracts end up meaning that you have a contract with them, but they don't have a contract with you. It is the state of business in America. If you don't know the rules of the game, sit on the bleachers.

13. Chainfire

Nobody is forcing you to do business with the "crooks" are they? If your business is dependent on ebay selling your product, then you learn to play nice with them or find another market. Don't bite the hand that feeds you.

Biohazard2 and W.T. Sherman like this.
  14. W.T. Sherman

I seriously, seriously doubt that a letter from BillyBob the attorney to a group of corporate attorneys will even move them. those guys will probably hand your letter off to a paralegal intern on their staff to answer you.

Rifling82 and towboater like this.
  15. Mongo

Mongo Well-Known Member Supporter

There was a website "Nopaypal.com" full of stories of bank accounts drained and credit cards maxed out by paypal. l have never used them or had an account. Occasionally l get a buyer insisting on a paypal transaction and l decline/cancel the sale without hesitation.

W.T. Sherman likes this.
  16. bluez

bluez Well-Known Member

paypal are on the other side of the culture war.. I have no doubt they intentionally tried to damage the OP financially simply because they dont like "gun people"... I been trying to get away from them for years.. not always successful

17. Mercator

Mercator Well-Known Member

I use PayPal because it is efficient, convenient, and relatively safe. Especially when I am reluctant to give my CC info to an unknown merchant. I don’t care about their virtue signaling, because you can get things done there, if you are discreet.

The policy on eBay is to not sell any “assault weapon“ parts. Not even mags. I listed an AR charge handle, and it was taken down. Worse is that they also pledged a million bucks for racial justice. (How much of it can be bought? Or is it bail money)
    But otherwise they are willing to do business with a deplorable like me. I’ll sell on eBay and buy more gun.

Oldoutlaw likes this.
  18. Oldoutlaw

Oldoutlaw Well-Known Member Supporter

Same with me.

19. Mcsorleyprobert

Mcsorleyprobert Active Member

Nary an issue for me.
    Bought a lot of stuff, and sold since 1999.
    Scammed, always willing to help me with getting money back.

Never really bought any firearm items.
    I’m sure they are schmucks, as they are also left wing dem supporters!

Bought a magazine, and some HK clothes, never messed over!

so,e sheep bought a. Power amp from me, really played the system w shipping to screw me, and as sellers can get negative marks, and buyers cannot post a negative. Makes harder to do business!

I pick n choose what is sold n bought!

Oldoutlaw likes this.
  20. PaBushMan

PaBushMan Well-Known Member

I ordered some gun parts with my paypal card. The merchant did something slick. The transaction on my paypal record says business supplies.

winds-of-change likes this.