Paying For Membership

Discussion in 'FirearmsTalk Support and Suggestions' started by jeepcreep927, Dec 1, 2008.

1. jeepcreep927

jeepcreep927 New Member

I figured by now, I need to just pony up the $12.00 for my membership. Then I almost had a heart attack... PAYPAL! Jeezuz guys, come on! I am not one to complain, especially since I could never manage a site like this, or one at all, really.

If there's some other way to submit payment for membership I will do it ASAP.

Please please please reconsider the Paypal thing. I am sure their policies are at least fleetingly familiar to everyone? If not, please look into them and seriously reconsider using them. I know it's convenient but my hypocrisy goes only so far.

Last edited: Dec 1, 2008
  2. sgtdeath66

sgtdeath66 New Member

whats included in the membership.

3. dunerunner

dunerunner New Member

We have started a Supporting Member program to help fund all the various financial obligations the community incurs; Hosting, Software Fees, Marketing, Legal, etc.

For only $12/yr you gain the following benefits to your Membership here at FirearmsTalk.

Supporting Member image under your user name.
    FirearmsTalk.com Decal
    Unlimited private message space.
    Unlimited file attachment space.
    Unlimited gallery space.
    Larger Avatar dimensions and file size.
    Larger Profile Picture dimensions and file size.
    Access to Private Forums
    The satisfaction that you are supporting a great community with a great cause.
    To sign up please visit;

http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/payments.php

4. sgtdeath66

sgtdeath66 New Member

nifty, thanks for the info. gunna have to look in tothat

5. hillbilly68

hillbilly68 New Member

Guys my brother Jeep wasn't talking about what you get, he was talking about the method chosen for payment of dues. I too was shocked when I paid up and found a paypal account. Paypal...a firm reputation of anti-gun efforts. Probably a matter of convenience for the admin. Either that or we are all victims of the anti gun crowd and this site is owned by them solely for the purpose of collecting data. Wouldn't that be a hoot? :eek:

6. jeepcreep927

jeepcreep927 New Member

Right on Hillbilly. Paypal is, in my opinion, one of the sleaziest things ever devised.

When it first came about, it was an independant company that did little more than offer a way to pay for stuff, initially only off Ebay.

I used to buy and sell TONS of gun related stuff on ebay from pins and screws to hi cap magazines and so on. Then ebay banned high cap magazines under the guise that they were illegal in CA, where the parent company is based, therefore it was illegal for them to be offered on ebay. Now I am pretty dumb, but if the magazine never passes through CA, how the hell is that illegal?

Anyhow, after that lame excuse failed, they admitted that they did not want to have any part in the sale of firearms parts period. They won't even allow barrels to be sold on the sight.

After a billion people had been using Paypal, and had accounts with money in them, credit cards and bank accounts on file or both, they started charging a percentage of funds transferred fee. Then expanded to allow people to purchase items from places other than ebay with their service. Then paypal sold out. To... ready for this??? TO EBAY! Paypal is owned by Ebay. Now firearms, ammunition and many firearms parts cannot be purchased using Paypal. Hell, I am surprised that they allow payment for this sight!

Cancel your Paypal account and Ebay accounts and send an email stating why. I did. Of course I got no response.

I realize it's easy to use the service, but I refuse to give a percentage of money I spend to help fund the anti gun machine.

I will go out on a limb and say anyone who still uses Ebay or Paypal might as well donate cash to Handgun Control Inc. Pure hypocrisy in the name of convenience.

Last edited: Dec 1, 2008
  7. ArrizX

ArrizX New Member

Whilist I understnad where you are coming from.. I use ebay and therefore paypal.

In fact, its how I plan on getting the stocks I want here in a few days or weeks. So it does allow somewhat of a gun selection.

But yes, their theives :fyi:

8. sgtdeath66

sgtdeath66 New Member

wow i was unaware of all this, makes you think some of us pro gun people might actually be paying for our own collapse. the sadest part is alot of us dont realize that we are doing it

9. jeepcreep927

jeepcreep927 New Member

I am not against them making money, I am against their blatant anti gun BS. The word "allow" should be a huge warning to you...

10. Shooter

Shooter Administrator Staff Member

Right now we get maybe 1-2 people a month so I'm not aware of an alternative. I can't do credit card processing because we don't have the volume.

If there is an alternative besides check/money order please by all means let me know.

However, there are so many anti-2nd amendment companies out there it's impossible to not use some. Google is one. I've used PayPal for 10 years and never had a single issue. I would never pay for firearm related stuff through PayPal either even if it was allowed.

11. hunter Joe

hunter Joe New Member

Where can I send the check?

I must have missed something, I still don't know where I can send the check. Hunter Joe

12. dunerunner

dunerunner New Member

Apparently, it's Paypal or nothing!:confused:

13. Dillinger

Dillinger New Member

I don't have the address, but PM notdku directly and I am sure he will make arrangements for you.

JD

14. gun guy

gun guy New Member

I also don't support with my money or time companys that I know are anti gun. Lot of people on here smarter than me. Would be great to see a list of at least some companys that the members know to be anti gun. If all us pro gun people knew who they were and stopped supporting them we would hit em in there billfold where it hurts the most. Just a thought.

15. opaww

opaww New Member

And your wish is my command. Poof

LIST of ANTI-GUN, COMPANIES & PEOPLE:

16. painted_klown

painted_klown New Member

Thank you for the great wealth of information found in that link Opaww. :)

I did notice something that I found to be quite shocking however.

Automotive &Industrial Applications:

TITUS - Air System Components for HVAC systems, Cobra - commercial water control technology, Dearborn Midwest Conveyor Co.- 2" Cable Link Conveyor Systems, Dexter Axle - trailer running gear, Lasco Bathware & Fittings - - tubs, whirlpools, PVC pipe-fittings, etc., Lau - Heating, Ventilation, Air Conditioning (HVAC), Mayfran - filtration equipment and separators, Philips Products - Windows and doors, Philips (Malta) - Windows and doors, Philips (Ventline) - ventilation products, Ruskin - HVAC Industry, Shipham & Co. LTD - valves and castings, Twiflex - disc brakes, and couplings, Sofrapain - N/A Industrial & automotive engineering, Gates - Floormaster - safety flooring, Gates - Tredaire - N/A, Gates Europe, Gates Formed-Fibre, Gates Mexico, Gates Rubber Company, Gates Rubber Industrial UK - replacement fan belts, v-belts, hoses, Trico wiper blades, windshield washer pumps, Schrader -Bridgeport - Automotive Electronics, Tire Valves and Gauges, Fuel Delivery Components, Air Conditioning Components, Automotive Chassis Components, Engine Management, Stant Corporation/Stant Group of companies - TRICO�, Exact Fit�, Windspoiler�, Winter Blades and Nu-Vision� wiper blades, heavy duty blades, refills and washer pumps. ROBERK� All Weather� wiper blades and refills. PRE-VENT� fuel caps, locking fuel caps, Swiv-el� radiator caps, Lev-R-Vent� pressure caps, oil filler caps, thermostats, SuperStat� thermostats, heaters, Pro-Tuff oil filter wrenches, hose clamps, including full size, small diameter and Micro-Gear, POW'R-GEAR� high performance clamps, air line quick-connect plugs, couplers, chucks, gauges and blowguns, tire valves and accessories, power steering hose, fittings and brass products, grease guns and oilers, lubricant pumps, spray lubricants, lawn and garden, marine and specialty oils. Totectors - protective and occupational footwear in the UK, Trico Products - see above .. Trico/Stant/Roberk, Tridon - N/A Professional, garden & leisure products, Hayters - Lawn tractors, mowers - UK only, Murray - Lawn tractors, mowers - Ohio, USA, Smith & Wesson.

Smith and Wesson!!!:eek: Anti-gun firearms manufacturer?:confused: Am I missing something?

17. Shooter

Shooter Administrator Staff Member

That you should never trust lists! lol

18. opaww

opaww New Member

Sorry for the late reply, S&W was billed as anti gun by some in the gun community not because they are anti gun, which they are not. But because of what many concider a sell out by S&W in order to avoid a law suite against their company.

Some Gun Stores will not carry S&W products because of this which I think is a shame, they do make a good product.

19. gun guy

gun guy New Member

thanks for the list apaww.