pawn shop find!....

Discussion in 'Curio & Relic Discussion' started by m72law, Apr 29, 2011.

1. m72law

m72law New Member

i went out this morning to cash my crappy pay check & stopped off @ a near by pawn shop that just opened not to far from the bank...

i was checking out some guitars & started to make a deal on a sweet dean ''dime o'flame'' guitar & i notice that this pawnbroker didnt have any guns,so i asked him if he had any?,he said that he has a few in the back that he hasnt put any prices on them yet!....when i asked him what he had he said a few shotguns,1 22lr rifle,& a couple of old mil-surplus rifles...i asked if i could see the surplus rifles?he said sure....

well,as fate would have it...he had a very rough SKS;i passed

then he shows me a very nice K31....i asked what he had to have for it?
    but then i noticed a nice M39 mosin....:)

he said he'dd take 350+tax for both...not to bad but....i was in a dealing mood...we started talking about FFL's & guns,guitars,girls,ect:D...i didnt think he would go for the price that i would throw at him...but when he said 'OK' :eek: well....this is what followed me home for $250.00 no tax!!!!

Attached Files:

• k31.jpg
      k31.jpg
      File size:
      95.4 KB
      Views:
    • m39.jpg
      m39.jpg
      File size:
      90.5 KB
      Views:
  2. orangello

orangello New Member

just..........dang man!
    I got to get to the pawn shops more often!

3. CA357

CA357 New Member Supporter

The K31's are going for more than $250 alone is many places! Great score. :cool:

4. m72law

m72law New Member

the K31 is in really great shape...but this aint uncommon

the M39 is also in great shape...its SA marked & all # matching!!the barrel slugs @ .308' pretty tight right?....might get a chance to load up some .309 lead slugs for the M39 when all my yard work is done,so i can keep the miss's happy:eek:

now i have shoot up most of my GP-11 ammo using my other K31,have no money for ammo right now!:( plenty of grafsnsons brass for the K31 but i was saving my .308 bullets for the 1903:confused:

5. m72law

m72law New Member

kinda thinking about that SKS now...it was a russian made SKS...but it looked like someone brought it up from the ocean:(
    maybe i should have threw out a number?...wouldnt have mattered much,as im broke at the moment:eek:
    the way i see dealing...dont make a deal,& then not have what your dealing w/ on you....:rolleyes:

6. dunerunner

dunerunner New Member

Great find!! So, are all the ammo boxes......full? :D

7. m72law

m72law New Member

95% of them are:..those in the pics are some of them:D i just hope a fire never breaks out....:eek:

i have OCD when it comes to empty ammo cans:D

8. Boyerracing343

Boyerracing343 New Member Supporter

9. Johnny357

Johnny357 New Member

10. IVIrVViggles

IVIrVViggles New Member

Sounds like something my dad would have done. He had a similar steal years ago where he managed to pull a Kar 98 and a Nagant for $40 each. Granted they were filty, but after some TLC they looked great. The shop owner had no idea what they were and my dad is a real smooth talker, he even somehow gets away with haggling at walmart and other such stores...

11. Bigcountry02

Bigcountry02 Coffee! If your not shaking, you need another cup Supporter

That is a very excellent fine, especially at a pawn shop. I need to do some pawn shop searching!

12. jayguy

jayguy New Member

Thats awsome!

Last edited: May 7, 2011
  13. Ltriker

Ltriker New Member

I have seen some of the most overpriced junk labeled a gun at pawnshops and also found some of the sweetest deals ever at pawnshops.

Seems as though time of the month makes a big difference...if it is around the middle when alot of folks are pawning/selling, they may below on cash flow and need to sell off some inventory to stay out of the red...I do like to go in around the 10th to 15th to see what people have brought in to finish paying that months bills...

14. Oohrah

Oohrah New Member

Wow, you did goood. Usually in this day and age, pawn shops are not easy to deal with. I can remember back east, the first customer on a Monday AM could deal. They felt that rest of the week would be crap if they missed that first sale? Some of the ones lately have valuable junk, so they feel they should be priced new. Still own some of those good old days buys, and cringe at today's higher less better made stuff.

15. fmfcorpsman

fmfcorpsman New Member

Those are both excellent rifles. The K31 for fast action and great accuracy. The M39 is the best generally available Mosin ever made, top notch barrels and stocks.You done right good. Read up on Simo Hayha, the top scoring combat marksman of all time, used a M28 Mosin, which is very similar to the M39. Here is a link to a sort of accurate, tongue in cheek, description of Hayha's exploits.

http://www.badassoftheweek.com/hayha.html

Last edited: Jun 1, 2011
  16. vanguard

vanguard New Member

you should be arrested for stealing.

17. trip286

trip286 New Member

I'm wanting a K31 so bad it hurts. How about the ammo for one? Hard to find, decent prices?

18. Rex in OTZ

Rex in OTZ Well-Known Member

Pawn Shop....Free Gun! just sign the form its yours!

Couple years back a customer came in the local pawn shop with some old guns of her fathers she dident want and made a deal with the pawn shop operater, all or nothing.
    so he took in the package deal a Milsurp sporter he dident really want in the trade.
    I came in after work and He askd me what I knew of Mausers? I said ther mainly made in germany and shoot metric ctg's, he said If I wanted get that damn eye sore outta his shop so as not to scare off customers, he'd give me it for free.......a alll matching 1891 Argentine Mauser in 7.65mm Argentine mfg DWM Berlin in 1900. williams peep receiver, date on stock (bondo fill sling inlet is 1974)
    The crest is ground off and the thought of reconfiguring is in back my mind then again its so damn sporty looking its loaded with Bush Alaska History I cant change that.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Jun 2, 2011
  19. copycat

copycat New Member

Very nice. Last one I saw they wanted an arm and a leg for. You did well.

20. sniper762

sniper762 New Member

the m39 is a .311 not .308