Patience & paranoia

Discussion in 'The Club House' started by zhuk, Jul 30, 2010.

1. zhuk

zhuk New Member

Rant begins>

Now I'm not someone who has a great store of natural patience (although damn you need to have some amount in this country!)

Found out the other day while making enquiries about a "Safe Compliance Certificate" which I must get from the cops, that my PTA (permit to acquire - handgun) was received by the Firearms Registry 3 1/2 wks will be another week before they look at it & begin processing. God knows how much longer it will take after that, seems to be very variable according to how bothered they feel at the time/particular day/weather/cycles of the moon etc etc

But...I can't shake this unsettling feeling that something will step in and turn the whole thing upside down. A federal election is due here on Aug 21, with the dreaded Greens expected to get control of the Senate, and possibly a couple of seats in the House as well :eek: No need to explain how virulently anti-firearms they are. The ruling Labor Party is swapping prefences with them, and amazingly so are the Conservative Liberal Party in some seats, just so Labor doesn't get them :rolleyes:

So...a paranoid part of my brain is betting some legislative-kneejerk-craziness will be enacted which makes handguns illegal before I even get to take possession of my pistol, after all this godammed long time lol

Yeah, I recognise this as paranoia...but it would just be my luck, wouldn't it? [​IMG]

OK...I'll shut up now. Good to get that off my chest...
  2. freefall

freefall New Member

3. zhuk

zhuk New Member

Would that it were that easy!

Besides, doesn't your Govt have rules like immigrants must have some vaguely useful skill that society needs? Think I'd bowl a no-ball on that one :p
  4. danf_fl

danf_fl Retired Supporter

just wait a couple of weeks and swim over illegally.;)
  5. Jpyle

Jpyle New Member

Hell no, we elected an immigrant as President, come on over mate. :D
  6. CA357

CA357 New Member Supporter

C'mon over Zhuk, although you may get points deducted for speaking English.