Pastor with CCW shoots intruder

Discussion in 'Concealed Carrying & Personal Protection' started by Ranger-6, May 18, 2012.

1. Ranger-6

Ranger-6 New Member

A Fort Worth pastor shot a man he said broke into his home early Monday morning.

Anthony Jobe said he awoke to his doorbell being rung in the early morning hours at his home in the 2400 block of Hunting Drive. He said he then heard beating on his side door, which is where he said he found a man attempting to kick his door down.

Upon seeing the alleged intruder, a confrontation ensued, ending with Jobe shooting the man with his handgun.

http://www.wfaa.com/news/local/Fort-Worth-homeowner-shoots-intruder-150458225.html

2. mountainman13

mountainman13 New Member

Isn't a pistol packing pastor kind of an oxymoron ?
    The lords will be done...bang!

3. kytowboater

kytowboater Active Member

More power to the preach for packing. Another scum bag eats it.

4. REDMIST89

REDMIST89 New Member

not a believer in god myself,but something was working that night,success of one more scumbag gone..BG chose the wrong house

5. Tackleberry1

Tackleberry1 New Member

It's not really "turn the other cheek" but then again, he's also a Texan!

6. fmj

fmj New Member

BG's wounds are NOT life threatening.

Seems to me pistol packin' preach needs to spend a bit more time on the range!

7. TripleTap

TripleTap New Member

I think it's interesting that he fired on the BG while he was in his car with no repercussions. Anyways, he and his family are safe and that's what's important.

8. kryptar19

kryptar19 New Member

The Youth pastor at my church carries a G22 and a .22mag blackwidow at ALL times. Just because we serve the LORD does not mean we can't defend ourselves.

9. Irishgiant215

Irishgiant215 New Member

Then Jesus asked them, "When I sent you without purse, bag or sandals, did you lack anything?" "Nothing," they answered. He said to them, "But now if you have a purse, take it, and also a bag; and if you don't have a sword, sell your cloak and buy one. It is written: `And he was numbered with the transgressors' ; and I tell you that this must be fulfilled in me. Yes, what is written about me is reaching its fulfillment." The disciples said, "See, Lord, here are two swords." "That is enough," he replied. (Luke 22:35-38, NIV)

10. winds-of-change

winds-of-change The Balota's Staff Member

Who the heck rings the doorbell before he breaks in? :confused:

11. Rick1967

Rick1967 Well-Known Member

As far as I know none of the pastors at my church carry. But there sure are a bunch of guns in the congregation. I am on the Good News Jail and Prison Ministry. The Chaplain has a permit and carries...obviously not in the jail.

12. griffin81

griffin81 New Member

I know two local preachers here that are ccw instructors and encourage there congregation to carry.

play the victim, be the victim

13. Vincine

Vincine New Member

Ringing doorbells? Bullet holes in a car? Huh?

14. AIKIJUTSU

AIKIJUTSU New Member

Maybe the car was in the background and got hit when the pastor fired at the BG.
    Defending your self and your family is not immoral, there is no requirement to be a voluntary victim.

15. AIKIJUTSU

AIKIJUTSU New Member

This is not uncommon. Sometimes thugs will ring the doorbell to see if anybody is home. If nobody comes to the door in a few seconds they will break in. If somebody comes to the door, they will evaluate the situation, and if the occupant of the house appears to be able to take care of him/herself the BG will make an excuse ("sorry, wrong house") and leave. If the occupant looks weak they will force their way inside.

16. kytowboater

kytowboater Active Member

Had this happen, about midnight at my dads house. Lives in a bad area, dad was getting up when the fella tried to come through the door. For greeted by a Kimber 45. He left.

17. TripleTap

TripleTap New Member

Uh, pretty sure no one said it was immoral ,or you should be a victim........ Just though it was interesting . Next time I'll make sure and ask if you if it's ok to ponder a situation.

18. AIKIJUTSU

AIKIJUTSU New Member

"Frankly, I don't give a damn".

19. GLOCKMASTER

GLOCKMASTER New Member

AMEN. Eye for an eye.. ;)

20. ShagNasty1001

ShagNasty1001 New Member

One of our men's group (there's about 7 for different parts of the city so people don't have to drive too far) goes shooting at least once a month together. I know one of them if not two or three carry at church. And that's only out of the 9 of us that go