Pastor shoots would be robber

Discussion in 'The Club House' started by Gojubrian, Sep 28, 2009.

1. Gojubrian

Gojubrian New Member

Pastor shoots would-be robber at church | detnews.com | The Detroit News

2. UnderFire

UnderFire New Member

Good for the Pastor!!!
    These thugs have to realize there's consequences for their actions.

3. CA357

CA357 New Member Supporter

It sounds like the Pastor gave him a glimpse of Purgatory. ;)

4. Gojubrian

Gojubrian New Member

Unbelievably, I'm having to defend the pastor from other "christians" on his actions at a christian site. :rolleyes:

5. gregs887

gregs887 New Member

Anyone else think of "Dead Alive"?

[​IMG]

6. Gojubrian

Gojubrian New Member

This is the kind of moronic crap I deal with from some christians.

Sheeeeeeeeshhh......

7. gregs887

gregs887 New Member

A wise person once told me that you can't argue with stupid so you might as well save yourself the headache. Geez, what do you think would happen if they were dropped in the woods somewhere and had to survive for a few days?

8. cpttango30

cpttango30 New Member

WOW there is so much double speek and drivle in that post it is hard to cipher out.

The only thing I get out of it is "I am a dam sissy that would rather let a man have his way with my wife, daughter, and son because I don't have the BALLS enough to tell him NO and blow his effing brains out". I think we need to start fighting for mates. That would be a quick way to weed out the week and sissy. It works for deer, elk, pigs, ect.....

I would never shoot some one over stuff (radio tv computer what ever) stuff can be replaced My kids and wife can not. There is no reason to shoot anyone over stuff. But you come in my house at night and boy Your going to be on the wrong end of a 45acp and a 12 ga. Wife might even jump in with a baseball bat to your nuts.

9. Windwalker

Windwalker New Member

Drew, if what you wrote is what your church teaches, I'm sure I would not belong there. You believe what you think is the correct teaching of the bible and I will do the same although our beliefs are not the same.

10. spittinfire

spittinfire New Member Supporter

Goju, I would like to respond with a response I never once thought of in my life but it was presented to me by my father. He presented, doesn't necessarily belive it, the idea that defending another person is an act of God but in the event of defending your personal self, you should not. Our God is a God a love and peace so by defending my wife, neighbor, sister, a kid I don't know, I'm showing love. I am not showing love by attacking a person who attacks me. Under this line of thinking I should allow that person to inflict their attack without much reaction.

I personally do not agree with this idea due to Biblical ideas such as found in Luke 22(maybe 23, I'm shooting from the hip here). I believe God has given man the right and ability to defend himself. I just wanted to throw that out there as a reason why you may be getting flack from Christians. I would encourage you to be strong and offer Biblical support for your ideals. If you need help, PM me with the forum.

11. Gojubrian

Gojubrian New Member

I've gone round and round with this guy before. We have closed down many gun threads just going back and forth, he's a lost cause in this department. He truly believes guns are an evil instrument that causes people to do things they normally wouldn't, seriously. He's an anti-gun Australian libtard. I prefer just to harass him. :D

I cannot be convinced that an inanimate object is somehow evil or that God wants us to be panzies. A Christian can be God-fearing,loving, caring, generous, helpful, etc,, all while being a strong male dominant role model and protector.

Thanks! Here's the link if you're interested. :D

It'll be locked soon though.

Christian Forums.net - Members only Moderated Christian Forum

12. spittinfire

spittinfire New Member Supporter

I agree 100%, God blessed me with the funds to purchase my firearms. He gave me the understanding to use them and defend myself. God is good. I will follow him always.

PS. My wife LOVES my male dominant role where I defend her....funny how God plans things.

13. Gojubrian

Gojubrian New Member

No, that is by no means simple. First of all, most of the quotes are old testament scriptures. You cannot apply the old-testament laws since Jesus. The New testament quotes are controversial to say the least. We could go into lengthy scripture as to why I believe the way I do, but this is not the place for it.

14. feedsasquatch

feedsasquatch New Member

Be careful about sweeping statements like that. Qualification, you cannot apply that web-links "scriptural" application of OT verses...

10 commandments still good, commandment to love God still good, commandments to love my neighbor, and defend widows, orphans, the innocent, and my family still good. You just have to be careful about OT commands and how they apply today. Jesus came to uphold and fulfill the law, not abolish it. Jesus came to destroy the works of the devil, and Romans teaches that gov't exists to deliver justice to evildoers. I think gun-wielding Christian citizens fit somewhere in between the two...

15. Route 66 Rambler

Route 66 Rambler New Member

Under that argument presented by the christian individual cited, the police and military are also evil. None of them could possibly spread the law or defend the weak through the use of deadly force.

As far as old testament/new testament arguments, my father is a Baptist Semanarian(trained theologian), and he says we are not released from the old testament requirements, though they might seem contradictory to man. Only Jesus was able to fulfill the law. And Jesus was not a Christian, he was a Jew. He followed the old testament teachings and celebrated the Judaic faith. Anybody here ever hear of Sodom and Gomorrha? The Great Flood of Noah? Or Joshua and the Israelites slaying man, woman, children and beasts in Canaan?

All at the order of God. The Church is credited with sustaining civilization through the Dark Ages after the fall of Rome. This was done through using untold amounts of military force.

This person is arguing that to establish order and law from violence and chaos is evil.

Not even logical.

Having said all of that, I'm not a Jesus freak and I don't attend church. I was raised in a household that was, though, and we learned the use of guns early and often. My father was also a Ranger in the Korean war and one of the men of the original 7th Special Forces Group.

16. WDB

WDB New Member

WWJD?
    If the guy is just running away with the money from the offering, might let him run.
    If he was threat to me or others I might put him down.

The pastors account was as vague as it should be. Pretty hard to have an opinion based on the information. Detriot area has one of the highest unemployment rates in the nation and 7 mile was a tough area way before the ecnomomy went to hell.

17. Gojubrian

Gojubrian New Member

Ya know, you're absolutely right. I didn't mean to throw the whole OT out the window like that. :eek:

18. JiroZero713

JiroZero713 Active Member

I stopped being a Christian long ago when I got confronted with liberal christian crap like this.

I believe in God...but I'm no christian.

19. Gojubrian

Gojubrian New Member

Other people are no reason to stop being a christian. We are called to put our faith in Jesus, not man. That's where we fail epically everytime.

Oh, where were we? :D