Parts Manufacturer Questions

Discussion in 'AR-15 Discussion' started by Benning Boy, May 11, 2011.

1. Benning Boy

Benning Boy New Member

What does anybody know about:

Stag components

Yankee Hill Machine Company

I'm looking to build......:eek:

2. Jpyle

Jpyle New Member

I used a YHM lower in my build. Was pleased with the quality of the machine work and the fit and finish. I hear they also produce quality foreends, rails and BUIS.

3. Dillinger

Dillinger New Member

YHM has always treated us well. The make great stuff, but their prices have risen in the past few years and they are no longer the diamond in the rough they used to be.

Stag has been a decent, middle tier manufacturer for a long time. I would not look at purchasing a complete gun from them personally, but for an upper or lower they would be a fine choice.

What are your plans, My Friend?

4. Benning Boy

Benning Boy New Member

I'm a rifle lefty, so a Stag upper seemed cool, although I've never had issues beyond the rare piece of brass down the shirt.

I thought about doing this as cheaply as possible, but then I figured I should do it right one time.

I got an azzload of brochures at the convention, but the choices are pretty overwhelming, and nobody puts in their own brochure "We specialize in shoddy craftsmanship!"

5. diggsbakes

diggsbakes New Member

Right on! I'm a lefty also, but actually prefer a RH upper. I've gotten used to it along with AKs and like having access/direct-view to the chamber in case of malfunctions.

I've had so much fun with this rifle platform, its awesome. . .

Good Luck!

6. dog2000tj

dog2000tj New Member

SNOB!!! :p

Benning, take a look at my build. I went with a STAG lower build and a complete upper. For a range, plinking, SHTF Zombie rifle I am very happy. I added a CAA stock and a Samson free float quad rail. Next upgrade would probably be a quality FA bolt carrier group. Although I do like the RRA 2 stage trigger for what I want to do with this rifle I am going to change out to a single stage trigger, maybe a tuned factory STAG trigger.

7. NitroxAZ

NitroxAZ New Member

YHM are solid IMHO.

Check Quentin Defense. My step son is a rifle lefty also and is going with one of their lefty's. The only issue with it is that the lefty doesn't have a forward assist.

8. Dillinger

Dillinger New Member

Negative. Look at all you have done with your rifle. ;)

Sooooooo? No longer stock then...... :rolleyes:

JD

9. c3shooter

c3shooter Administrator Staff Member

YHM makes some decent cans.

If ur a lefty, why not just epoxy a scope to the bottom of a magazine, and turn the rifle upside down? :p

10. dog2000tj

dog2000tj New Member

Pay close attention to the :08 mark ;)

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vwBtOELmTME]YouTube - cannonball run rolls royce getting caught[/ame]

11. diggsbakes

diggsbakes New Member

I failed to answer your original question w/ my first post, I've used a Stag LPK with success and have shot one or 2 and they seem fine. Yankee Hill makes great stuff. It is true that they are not the same value as they once were, but you can still find some parts for good deals.

I picked up a new Yankee Hill BCG for $110 and it looks great, haven't used it yet, but I'm sure it'll serve great as soon as I need it. :)

Check this place out, I'm going with them on my next build, many choices for receivers, billets @ great value, just under a generic name. :)
    JSE Surplus - Stripped Rifle Receiver

12. Gojubrian

Gojubrian New Member

Great thread. I'm starting my AR build this summer, hopefully in June.

I was thinking about going with a Spikes lower. :cool:

13. Benning Boy

Benning Boy New Member

I had NO idea just how much stuff was out there.

I realize everybody is gonna have a favorite, maybe I should focus on who to stay away from?

14. Dillinger

Dillinger New Member

You do realize you are going to have to let me build your upper, right?

15. Gojubrian

Gojubrian New Member

And what would you build? :)

16. Dillinger

Dillinger New Member

I refuse to answer that question until you get rid of that ridiculous avatar. :cool:

17. Benning Boy

Benning Boy New Member

I thought you worshipped the guy?:p

18. Troy Michalik

Troy Michalik Is it Friday yet? Supporter

What? Did I just hear that JD is doing a special FTF group build on uppers? :eek:

19. Dillinger

Dillinger New Member

Sure. For the right deal, if you furnish the parts I'll build one for you. You don't get a tab if I build it for you though. ;)

20. Troy Michalik

Troy Michalik Is it Friday yet? Supporter

Last edited: May 12, 2011