Parents suck ***

Discussion in 'Concealed Carrying & Personal Protection' started by hogger129, Sep 6, 2009.

1. hogger129

hogger129 New Member

Don't really know where to put this so I guess I'll put my little rant here. Parents won't let me have a gun. Dad owns three firearms. .22, 410 and a 30-06. Yet I cannot have a handgun. I CAN have a hunting rifle, but not a handgun. Seems kind of stupid to me, one-sided and hypoctical. I'm 22, I have $6,000 saved away. Can I get a home loan with $6,000? I'm just getting sick of living at home. I can't do anything that remotely seems like fun because I live with parents who watch over me like a nanny. Can't do this, can't do that. Can't do anything I want to. I was thinking about not listening, just buying one, and not telling them about it. But that doesn't seem to me like a good idea. What should I do? Anybody?

2. Gojubrian

Gojubrian New Member

Obviously since it's your parents house you should do what they ask you to do. They pay your way, they are looking out for you, they aren't asking too much.

IMO this little rant is a sign of immaturity and disrespect and to be honest if you were my kid I'd be busting your hiney for ya!

Either do what they ask or move out. Go make your own way and don't ask for favors from parents you can't even respect. Brat. :mad:

3. Lowrider

Lowrider New Member

I just answered you on the other thread, but here goes again:

Your Dad is right. It is his house and you should respect his rules. If you want to do things your way, move out, get your own place, and buy whatever you want. You might find it a little harder to buy whatever you want though when you are paying all your own bills!

4. IGETEVEN

IGETEVEN New Member

Hogger are you in school? Do you have a maternal attachment that keeps you from leaving home. Boy, get your butt out of that house and find you some place else to stay. It's time to leave the nest, find and/or continue working and start paying your own way. As long as you live under your fathers roof, that's his house, his rules. He has raised you, now it's time to do your part.

Show some maturity and respect to your parents and prove to them you can make it on your own and make your own decisions, Mary Tyler Moore. Your parents don't suck ***, don't be so disrespectful. Fly away little bird, it's time to leave the nest and make your way in the world. I hear the military is looking for a few good men, are you one? Travel to exotic places, meet exotic people and learn new cultures. Handle and shoot lots of different weapons and get lots of great target practice and get paid all the while your having this fun. :);)

Jack

5. spittinfire

spittinfire New Member Supporter

I agree with everything stated above. If you are in school, fine, but while you live in your parent's house you need to respect their rules. If you want to make your own rules then you need to find you're own place. If you can't find a job that will support you, fine, but again you have to respect their rules and KEEP LOOKING! Sorry you're frustrated with your folks but look at the bright side, they haven't thrown you out! You've still got a roof over your head and are showing concern for your well being. There are a lot of people out there that don't have that kind of support.

6. NGIB

NGIB New Member

You're 22 and still live at home - consider yourself fortunate that you haven't been tossed out to fend for yourself. If you want freedom, move out and totally support yourself. Until then, respect the rules and have some cheese with that whine.

Based on the maturity you demonstrated with this thread, are you really ready to go it alone - and own a handgun?

I'll echo IGETEVEN's advice. Go down and see a recruiter and sign up...

Last edited: Sep 7, 2009
  7. RL357Mag

RL357Mag New Member

Parris Island, SC is really nice this time of year...:)

8. NGIB

NGIB New Member

As is Columbia SC and San Antonio TX...

9. RL357Mag

RL357Mag New Member

Maybe, but there's no escape from Parris Is. when he changes his mind...:D

10. spittinfire

spittinfire New Member Supporter

Fastest way off Parris Island is to graduate! Longest 13 weeks of my life....but also the easiest.

11. RL357Mag

RL357Mag New Member

I don't know about the easiest - The "Crucible" wasn't exactly "easy" - but it was definately the longest 13 weeks, and the sand fleas made it worse... Graduating or becoming alligator bait are the ONLY ways off Parris Island..we won't talk about failure - that's NOT an option :D

12. mr1911

mr1911 New Member

FOR THE LOVE OF GOD,....SOMEONE PLEASE MOVE THIS THREAD!!!!!!!!

As for the O.P.,...no offense but, here are your options,.....
    grow up & move out,....or,...grow up & learn to respect your parent's,.....problem solved.

13. mrm14

mrm14 Active Member

I left home at 18 Y.O. worked and went to college. My daughter moved out at 18 Y.O. worked and is still continuing her education. My daughter is 27 Y.O. now an has 2 kids.

If your living with your parents you have to abide by their rules.

14. skullcrusher

skullcrusher New Member

You did the right thing by coming to a forum full of grown ups and complained about other grown ups. Staying true to form, hogger, true to form. It does explain plenty about you. I think there are some communes that will take you.

15. Don Davis

Don Davis New Member

+1 Gojubrian

Move out and support yourself, then you can do anything you want to.

I think you may be showing exactly why they don't want you to have guns.

I respect my dad and would never say he or my mother "sucks ***". You need to grow up.

I little time in the service might be just the ticket - You never get told to do anything in there and they have lots of guns.

:)

16. feedsasquatch

feedsasquatch New Member

Here's my 2 cents. You live with your parents, you abide by their rules. You want to live by your rules, get your own place. I left home when I was 18, went to college, got married at 20, graduate at 22, at now have a baby and another one on the way.

Do you have a job? If yes, you shouldn't be living with your parents. You should be paying rent and living on your own anyways. If no, get one. I worked FT and went to school FT, while married. 20 somethings are supposed to be living with their parents...

17. orangello

orangello New Member

Look, free rent is an awesome thing, but if you aren't using all of your time for school, sell some to whatever job you can get for some rent money. Your parents will probably still be willing/happy to help you with car insurance & such.

Additionally, I am continually shocked at how well my Father knows me; have you had a CALM discussion with your parents as to the reasons for their prohibition? If you can all chill long enough, you may find they have good reasons to deny your request to bring a handgun into their home. It could be some oddball insurance clause or something; parents generally (not all parents) try to look out for their children, not needlessly stifle their interests.

18. Shooter

Shooter Administrator Staff Member

I can't imagine living at home at 22. Graduated High School at 18 and moved out the next month.

19. Gojubrian

Gojubrian New Member

Moved out at 17, made my own way ever since. My dad did give me a couple handguns though. A ruger p89 and a ruger .357magnum. :D

I respect my dad and would never say he "sucks ***".

I hope hogger can change his attitude. The kind of attitude he displayed here won't go very far in this world. :)

20. Shooter

Shooter Administrator Staff Member

I agree. If your Dad is still letting you live in the house at age 22 I would call him a Saint.