Parental Quotes

Discussion in 'The Club House' started by Davyboy, Jan 26, 2011.

1. Davyboy

Davyboy New Member

We all remember things our parents said to us as kids. Most of the time it was sound advice " but when they got angry " they sometimes got carried away.

Remember my mom shouting "move your stuff or I will skin you alive".

Spent the first 7 years not knowing what she meant and the next 7 terrified in case she did it. OK whats yours.

2. danf_fl

danf_fl Retired Supporter

That is how we found out our middle names. Daniel Ray. Then we knew it was serious.

3. falseharmonix

falseharmonix New Member

My dad used to say

"Since women don't fart or burp, if they didn't bi$%h and moan they would explode".......

4. jca1

jca1 New Member

Your stupid
    Your worthless
    You ain't good for nothing
    Go away
    You ruined my life

5. Davyboy

Davyboy New Member

Sh*t man that is heavy

6. Dillinger

Dillinger New Member

Jesus Christ man, I hope you are kidding.

That is a shinning example of why everyone should not be parents.

My parents were also fine examples of why you should need a license to have kids. Though they did try, they were just ill equipped to handle 2 kids & that type of responsibility while in their early twenties....

One of my old man's favorites:

"Jesus H. Christ son! Use your head for something other than to keep your ears apart with!"

7. c3shooter

c3shooter Administrator Staff Member

I used to tease my kids- "Knock it off, or I'll rip your lips off!" which would be followed by them rolling their lips in over their teeth, and saying "wad libs?" Should have seen the look that got us in the grocery one night- cracked the kids up.

Seriously, remember Mom saying "Never miss a good chance to shut up."
    Dad- "If you shake hands with a man, look him in the eyes."
    Grandad "You can stay with me- we'll both hide from the wimmen."
    Advice from my other grandad- a WW I vet- when I enlisted-
    "Keep yer ass down- and if you need to shoot someone, make it count."

8. Walley

Walley New Member

/

There were eleven of us kids and my father always said it he hadn't had us he would have been a rich man and wouldn't have had to work so hard.

The best advice he ever gave me was "never keep a job you don't like and never work for someone you can't respect".

Another thing he would tell us boys was "you were born with a brain, a pair of hands and a strong back and that is all a man needs to make it in life".

9. amoroque

amoroque New Member

Favorites from my Dad:

"sometimes you're the bug and sometimes you're the windshield"

"Dammit, I've had it up to here with you (pointing to his forehead)"

"Don't let em get your goat"

"If you dont think that everyday is great, just try missing one"

10. jca1

jca1 New Member

That's a keeper right there

11. hunter Joe

hunter Joe New Member

Well if Johnnie would walk off a pier..........yada, yada, yada.

If brains were dynamite you wouldn't have enough to blow the wax out of your ears.

The old standby, if your not careful you'll poke someones eye out with that thing.

12. David26

David26 New Member

"U do drugs dont let drugs do u" JK

Oh and cant believe I find myself tellin my kids this one as much as I hated hearing it "Life anit fair"

13. cpttango30

cpttango30 New Member

DAMMIT KID

What the hell did you do that for. (Normally said as I lie crying on the ground after doing something stupid)...

Eating a good piece of Pu$$y was like having a horse eat out of your hand.

14. dog2000tj

dog2000tj New Member

Best piece of advice my father ever gave me - "who said life was fair?" Best piece of advice my mother ever gave me - "you bring about your own problems." :eek:

Outside of that it was mostly incoherent yelling and screaming for something I did wrong :D

15. orangello

orangello New Member

Once and deservedly so "You don't look sick; you look drunk; go sleep in the bathroom. Don't come home drunk, just stay where you are." (Chugging a bottle of jaigermeister is unwise if you just put in a chew of cherry tobacco.)

The man has the most on-point Biblical quotes it is just scary sometimes. I was usually too ripped to remember them though.

From a non-parent, a very good friend's mom (RIP Mrs. Cornet) "an education is the one thing that nobody can take away from you".

I think i have the best parents i could have; some guy with more drive and morals really got shafted. Neener neener!

16. Dzscubie

Dzscubie New Member

My Mom, bless her heart, raised up two boys when my father walked out (we were 7 and 9 I believe). Our whole lives I remember Mom always doing without so we boys would have more, but being boys we could be a little exasperating. Mom would always introduce us to new people by saying “Meet my boys, this is my first mistake and this is my second!”.

Scubie

17. freefall

freefall New Member

"What were you thinking?" Always responded to by "Uh, I don't know".

18. Daoust_Nat

Daoust_Nat Well-Known Member Supporter

My Dad's reply when I would say, "That's not fair1". "Son, the guy with the biggest stick determines fair." My kids have heard that many times.

My Dad's old maiden aunt used to say to the girls; "Girls, if it has testicles or tires you are going to have problems with it!" My wife says it is true. I can't say.

19. winds-of-change

winds-of-change The Balota's Staff Member

I'm sorry. :(

20. IGETEVEN

IGETEVEN New Member

Add to that..."You will never be big enough to whip my ass boy!"

Mission accomplished at 18 years old, his attitude changed, but our relationship has never been the same.

My "father" might have been your father's brother. :(