Pardner protector mag tube

Discussion in 'General Shotgun Discussion' started by tmac1, Jun 9, 2010.

1. tmac1

tmac1 New Member

I'm looking for an extended mag tube for a Pardner Protector but can't seem to find one that fits. It would have to be less tahn 3.5" long. Any ideas?

2. UnderFire

UnderFire New Member

Have you tried a Remington mag extension?

3. tmac1

tmac1 New Member

I didn't know they made them. Where can you find them?

4. UnderFire

UnderFire New Member

tmac1, any local dealer that is a Remington dealer should be able to help you. ebay has them for sale also, but they seem to be priced high after shipping cost. I got mine for my 870P at my local dealer. I liked the genuine part rather than the after-market ones.

5. tmac1

tmac1 New Member

Is the one you bought 3.5" long? Anything longer than that sticks out past the end of the barrel. Thanks for all the info.

6. UnderFire

UnderFire New Member

tmac1, 3.5" will only allow for one more shell in the mag. I doubt you'll find one that short. Maybe a side saddle will be better?

7. tmac1

tmac1 New Member

Good idea. Thanks.

8. ta1588

ta1588 New Member

got this email from GUN CONNECTION (gunconnect@prtcnet.com)
    they make a custom extender for the pardner pump, although you WILL have to drill out the dimples in the end of the tube for ANY extension. although I may have heard somewhere that doing that alone will allow for one more round and the extender another. not sure if that is true or not. Good luck.

9. tmac1

tmac1 New Member

Thanks ta1588! I'll give them a look.

10. ta1588

ta1588 New Member

No problem at all, the pardner protector is a great little shotgun. Very sturdy, very durable, very reliable, excellent value. I hope you enjoy yours as much as I do mine :)

11. Benning Boy

Benning Boy New Member

Another capacity solution....

Attached Files:

12. ta1588

ta1588 New Member

Those are pretty sweet lookin' I've seen those in catalogs and wondered about them...

13. tmac1

tmac1 New Member

Thanks. I'll look into them.