Para's Tactical Rifle

Discussion in 'Auto & Semi-Auto Discussion' started by matt g, Nov 9, 2008.

1. matt g

matt g New Member Supporter

2. freefall

freefall New Member

Eeyaii. $2300! Sounds nice but I'll probably stay with my SKS. I'm just a by-the-hour plumber ya know.

3. Dillinger

Dillinger New Member

It looks like a neat idea, but it's not exactly revolutionary. They dumped the buffer spring and buffer tube system and "invented" a way to incorporate an op rod driven, delayed blowback, gas fed system.

I am sure the thing will run like a champ - and it damn well should if you expect me to pony up $2300MSRP, which is going to be closer to $3000 or so after the start of the year and the new administration takes office.

It looks'/sounds interesting, but not at that price. I can build two that will shoot just as well for the amount they want for their one 16" chrome lined unit...

4. bkt

bkt New Member

Pretty neat! I don't mind the "twang" myself, but it would be nice to have a folding stock. But like JD says, you're paying a premium for this. Yikes!

5. dicky0331

dicky0331 New Member

looks interesting... i wouldn't mind seeing an exploded diagram.... i wonder if the gas system dumps into the carrier like the standard ar platform.... althought with proper shooting form a snap shot hammered pair within a half inch of one another is very easy to do...

6. Recon 173

Recon 173 New Member

For about the same amount of money you can go with a Robinson XCR which allows you to change barrels and caliber sizes. Both rifles also look a lot alike.

7. Doc Neeley

Doc Neeley New Member

I have the feeling that this is for the USPSA 3 gunners. Para's realy popular with those guys and I bet the factory guys will be using these shortly.