Parade Krag?

Discussion in 'Curio & Relic Discussion' started by Trez, May 17, 2012.

1. Trez

Trez Well-Known Member

A guy wants to trade me a chrome Parade Krag for my '95... Are they worth anything? He said its still shootable, his gunsmith checked it out and it headspaces good, but is missing the front and rear sites.. He said he also has the certificate from the CMP.
    Im willing to trade my '95 for a Krag, but Id rather have just a "normal" Krag, I really dont care for chrome or stainless guns... Would a parade Krag with the CMP paperwork be worth more though?

2. mountainman13

mountainman13 New Member

Just to give you an idea. Your typical $1000 garand costs about $600 through cmp.

3. c3shooter

c3shooter Administrator Staff Member

Danger Will Robinson Danger Danger

lost_in_space_robot.jpg

Strong likelihood that was a DRILL rifle. Intended to be used for color guards, D&C training, but not fired. Having been chromed or nickeled has pretty well killed collectors value.

4. Trez

Trez Well-Known Member

Thanks C3... I was thinking that but wasnt sure... Like I said I dont really care for a shinny one, just a "regular" one...

5. Trez

Trez Well-Known Member

I know that... But you cant even get a bolt action though the CMP any more, so I dont think that would apply...
    (They dont even have the Garand I want at all :( )
    They do have Junk Krags.. but you may or may not get one thats fixable or shootable, and they want $450 for those!!

Last edited: May 17, 2012
  6. mountainman13

mountainman13 New Member

I am not affiliated with cmp..yet.
    I have been seeing a lot of guys on the range with beautiful m1's they got through them. Didn't know if the krag was a possibility.