Para Ordnance P1640 EL 1911 pistol in 40 S&W

Discussion in '1911 Forum' started by ARnoob, Mar 15, 2011.

1. ARnoob

ARnoob New Member

Para Ordnance TX 1640E 1911 pistol in 40 S&W

Ok, so after much consideration and looking around, I am considering buying a Para Ordnance TX 1640E 1911 pistol in 40 S&W.

I spoke with one of the vender/dealers at the gun show this past weeked and he and a customer both mentioned how poor the quality of Para Ordnance has been since they've moved their operations to the US. The last five Para pistols that he sold had to be sent back for repair work. :eek:

However, he said that the pistol they made while still in Canada are good. I've looked around quite a bit and cannot find any real info on the Para Ordnance TX 1640E 1911 pistol in 40 S&W. Do you guys have any experience with or know about this particular model? The price is nice and I'd really like to get it.

Thanks!

Last edited: Mar 15, 2011
  2. mesinge2

mesinge2 New Member

I don't know if it was the same model but I fired a buddy's .40 Cal Para. It had a 16+1 capacity. It shot well and never jammed in our 150 round session, but we never used JHPs. I did notice that it had a slightly more pronounced snap than my 45 ACP Colts. When the mag was topped off (hard to get the 16th round in there), recoil was fine but toward the end of the mag it did increase. This would not stop me from buying it however. It was in no way unmanageable or sharp, just different. The recoil was more of a snap than the push of my 45s.

BTW, how much is the shop asking for it?

3. DrumJunkie

DrumJunkie New Member

I've got to fire a few of the newer Para Ord's lately. THey seemed top me as good as the ones made up north. I'm still not seeing many (if any) used at gun shows or places like gunbroker. So people must be keeping them.

4. ARnoob

ARnoob New Member

Thanks guys. The price is $699.

5. mesinge2

mesinge2 New Member

That's actually a very good price. There is one in a local shop for $750, and I thought that was a good price.

6. ARnoob

ARnoob New Member

Thanks. Now I just need to sell my C93 so I can buy the 1911. :D