PARA GI expert 1911

Discussion in '1911 Forum' started by jjw358, Jul 21, 2013.

1. jjw358

jjw358 New Member

Just wondering if the para GI expert 1911 was a great gun all around. I am concerned that for 549 dollars you get what you pay for. Most other 1911s are double this cost and are still considered mid grade. Thoughts please.

2. ALfiremedic1

ALfiremedic1 New Member

They are a decent entry 1911. If I were buying an entry level it's ok I guess. They look better then a rock island, but have a few more kinks.

3. Olympus

Olympus New Member

The sights are terrible in my opinion.

4. limbkiller

limbkiller New Member

No they are not. Get a Metro Arms, RIA, Tisas or other gun. Jump a few dollars and get a SA mil spec.

5. bamashooter68

bamashooter68 Member

My Para G.I. Expert is a very accurate gun. Other than 3 or 4 failure to go completely into battery in the first 100 or so rounds it has been flawless. I chalked that up to break in. I think the sights are much better than standard G.I. sights you get on other models and I haven't had any problem knocking out the bullseye on my targets. My brother bought a Ruger about the same time I bought my Para and my Para is as accurate and reliable as the Ruger. I paid $499+tax for the Para and would do it again in a heartbeat. Plus its made in the USA if that matters to anyone, it does to me.

6. Copeman60

Copeman60 New Member

I have a Taurus pt 1911 an its been flawless with over 500 rounds. Over all iam happy with the gun. It's takes a 500$ bite out of the wallet but its worth 500$

7. dlh2689

dlh2689 New Member

My buddy has one and he seems to like it well enough. It's a no frills 1911. The only thing I don't like about his gun is the two piece guide rod. Also, his rear sight came off while he was shooting it so he had to replace them.

8. Ultimate_sig

Ultimate_sig New Member

I agree about the sights, after a fee shots my left white dot disappeared. So I filled it with white nail polish

9. DenverSteve

DenverSteve New Member

We've sold a lot of them. They are an excellent pistol especially for the money.

10. ctshooter

ctshooter New Member

Save up a few more dollars and get a ruger

11. danf_fl

danf_fl Retired Supporter

Functional? Yes.
    Custom gunsmith "great"? No.
    Will it meet the needs of having a 1911? Yes.