Para Black Ops

Discussion in '1911 Forum' started by Byron0022, Nov 2, 2012.

1. Byron0022

Byron0022 New Member

I've been eye balling one for a while, if I hadn't bought a M&P 357 Sig Compact yesterday I probably would have bought the one I was holding today. Any positive or negative input about em? It's a little pricey but I don't want a rattling clanking Colt so I've been shopping around.

2. beaglesam

beaglesam Active Member

I don't have the Black OPS, but I have two other Para 1911's. They are are both great guns.

This one is my everyday carry.

Attached Files:

3. Byron0022

Byron0022 New Member

That is one fine looking handgun Sam! You see plenty of Springfields and Colts but I haven't seen many Paras. Just want to be a little different I guess.

4. bamashooter68

bamashooter68 Member

My para g.i. expert is a darn good pistol for the money. I would buy another.

5. Byron0022

Byron0022 New Member

It's pricey so I'm still mulling over rather to put it on layaway.

6. tacticalfun

tacticalfun Active Member

Im getting a para esp for christmas. Cant wait

7. Byron0022

Byron0022 New Member

I know it's a long way away but post some pics when ya get it?

8. tacticalfun

Will do :)

9. canebrake

canebrake New Member

You would pick a Para over a............never mind.

[​IMG]

10. Byron0022

Byron0022 New Member

Yep, sure would.

11. limbkiller

limbkiller New Member

A para over a Colt? Have you lost your mind? Your gun but what a mistake. A rattling Colt will out shoot a Para. I know Cane what you mean.:rolleyes:

12. Pasquanel

Pasquanel Proud to be an American Supporter

You were going to say Glock right?:rolleyes:

13. Byron0022

Byron0022 New Member

See, the thing is, is didn't ask what you think I should buy, if you are gonna comment try to stay on topic, k? Cane knows I don't give a crap about his opinion so I'm not sure why he even offers his input. If I wanted a Colt, the title of the thread would have had Colt in it, but obviously I don't so next time you interject try to stay on the subject, k?

14. Garadex

Garadex New Member

Dang if you didn't want opinions you should stay of the internet. Seriously courtesy is a good thing to have anywhere.

15. Byron0022

Byron0022 New Member

Courtesy is not putting down everyone else's choices such as our moderator does. Like I said, he knows I don't care for his opinion so why stir the pot? Thank for your guidance though counselor.

16. Garadex

Garadex New Member

Self deleting this post due to rudeness.

Last edited: Nov 15, 2012
  17. Tidalforce79

Tidalforce79 New Member

The thing is.........the original 1911A1 design is loose fit, and rattles. That's one of the reasons it is(when properly built) one of the most reliable pistols. The reason the Colt rattles, is...........it is supposed to! Also, the original 1911A1 design is MEANT to be hand fit(hand labor is how they did it in the days). I may be wrong, but Colt still does some hand fitting. Do I like tight fit, super target 1911s? Sure do, but any reliability problem on account of fitting or mass production is NOT a design flaw, because technically, those are not being built "right". I would still choose a Colt over most 1911s.

Rant over

18. tacticalfun

....the a1 is not the original design.

19. Byron0022

Byron0022 New Member

Thank you. If our moderator could explain stuff in that manner instead of being a jerk about everything I may welcome his opinion. In all honesty though, one of the reasons I'm looking at the Para is that I don't wanna own the same gun everyone else has. Thanks agin for the info.

20. DrumJunkie

DrumJunkie New Member

Para makes a great gun. I own two and ,would like a couple more. The people that get them must really like them. Because you don't see many used Para's on the auction sites.