Panera Bread

Discussion in 'Legal and Activism' started by jcurt172, Sep 9, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jcurt172

jcurt172 New Member

Looks like Panera bread is knuckling under to anti-gunners. They just announced their decision to ask gun owners not to carry inside their stores. Sure going to miss my asiago bagel.

Sent from my iPhone using Firearms Talk

2. Defiant_one

Defiant_one New Member

They are not too smart

All these places..do they think the nutjobs or robbers are going to obey their signage of no guns ? May as well put this up...

Attached Files:

3. mseric

mseric New Member

None of this, None of it would be taking place if it weren't for Grisham and Open Carry Texas staring this huge snowball rolling.

Thanks OCT and all those support him!

4. locutus

locutus Well-Known Member Supporter

Why do so many folks seem to be unable to understand a simple concept like CONCEALED??

5. mseric

mseric New Member

There is a difference between carrying a handgun open, minding ones own business and going about their day to the In-your-face protesters carrying Long Guns into businesses to draw attention to themselves.

Open Carry is NOT the problem, Open carry Protesters with longs guns on private property IS the problem.

6. JimRau

JimRau Well-Known Member Supporter

In a world full of 'useful idiots' you are wrong. They, the useful idiots, have been indoctrinate to believe ALL GUNS are bad so just the site of the 'awful gun' is all that is required to get a negative response from them. THEY ARE WRONG but it is reality!!!:(

7. mseric

mseric New Member

As I type this I am sitting in a local Bar and Grill having lunch.

I walked here from my home 3.5 miles via a city bike/ walking trail.
    Walked passes dozens of fellow walkers, carrying my CZ PO-6 open.
    Nobody said a word and nobody called the cops.

The bar tender that took my order, asked "are you like a cop or something?" Said " nope" then we had a polite conversation and it was taken care of .
    Another uninformed citizen informed.

8. mseric

mseric New Member

Walking home now.
    Let ha know if anyone freaks out.

9. kfox75

kfox75 Well-Known Member Supporter

Whether to let customers carry or not is the business owner's or corporate's decision. Their property, their choice. I will just chose to spend my money elsewhere. They obviously don't need it.

10. mseric

mseric New Member

Just walked in the door and grabbed a beer.

The walk back was uneventful as no one said a word or gave me "the look".

I even took a little detour and walked past the Local High School, nothing.

Anyone care to make a wager how far I would get taking the same walk with an AR-15 over my shoulder? I'll bet I wouldn't get past the first intersection/crosswalk, let alone have a chance to sit down and chat with that cute young Bartender that likes to say "like" like every other like word.

There is a difference, like it or not.

Last edited: Sep 9, 2014
  11. Mercator

Mercator Active Member

You like totally have too much time on your hands :D

12. JimRau

So you are saying you did not 'knowingly' encounter any of the 'useful idiots' I described. I guess you live in a place where there are less of these 'idiots, as I do. We are very blessed to live in a place where we can expect others to not over react to 'GUNS'. Don't try that in New Jersey!!!:eek:

13. JimRau

I fixed it for you!:p

14. widowmaker

widowmaker New Member

I just have to throw my $.02 into this open carry vs. concealed carry in a business.
    All the signs in the world won't stop a crook. BUT, and that is a big but, open carrying an AR or other "scary" gun into a business is just stupid , in my opinion.
    I carry concealed (licensed)everywhere I go except government buildings. I don't advertise I have a gun so I don't have a problem.
    I live in Calif. so you guys understand the restrictions we have on us out here so my advice to these guys going into Arby's or Dairy Queen looking like "Rambo" is DON"T.
    It upsets people and puts people like me on high alert.
    My alert status starts at one and goes to "OH SH****t" rapidly.
    So all I'm asking is don't get us old guys' heart rate up too high and make us nervous.
    OCT has done more harm than good. If you want to open carry in your state then vote gun friendly people into office and then stay on them to keep their promises.

old guy rant over. please return to your regularly scheduled gripes.

15. winds-of-change

winds-of-change The Balota's Staff Member

Personally, I think I would conceal carry into an establishment that has a "No Guns" sign displayed unless it was a school or government building.

You are so right.

Balota open carries everywhere he legally can. The times I've been with him, the only comments said to him have been positive and supportive of his open carry.

16. partdeux

partdeux Well-Known Member

Bloomberg's Moms is going to every single business they can find to bully them into "conformance". This has absolutely nothing to do with OC or CC, but with gun control in via press and marketing.

17. mseric

mseric New Member

Yes I do.

Without going into to detail, my walks are part of my Physical Therapy routine.

I need to walk about 5-6 miles a day, Doctors orders.

18. CardiacColt68

CardiacColt68 New Member

Just one more good reason to avoid Panera. It's dangerous enough in my town dodging the self-absorbed moms with baby strollers ready to break your ankles around every corner. Besides their food isn't all that. Just another business where I won't spend my money. The way things are going I'm going to have to do all my shopping at Gander Mountain and Bass Pro Shops.

Sent from my iPad using Firearms Talk

19. SSGN_Doc

SSGN_Doc Well-Known Member

I betcha most establishments won't ask you to leave if they never know you have a gun.

20. MisterMcCool

MisterMcCool Well-Known Member Supporter

Where I live, that's the only way they can get you to leave. The owner of the property or his representative must specifically tell you to leave. Then you are trespassing if you don't.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.