Palmetto State Armory shipping

Discussion in 'AR-15 Discussion' started by Welderman30, Mar 11, 2014.

1. Welderman30

Welderman30 New Member

Anyone else have problems with shipping times? Placed 2 orders a week ago. One with a stripped lower, which stated it may take up to 10 days to ship. I'm ok with that because of the notice. But my second order was just a bunch of parts for a build that were "in stock". I'm sure they have a lot of orders but this is unacceptable. I could have drove out there and picked them up myself by now. Love their product, but they're making me want to spend my money somewhere else.

Shoot straight and god bless

2. FrontierTCB

FrontierTCB Active Member

No surprise. Even with "in stock" items don't expect any faster than 2-3 weeks. It's the only thing I hate about PSA.

You should get an email telling you that a shipping label has been created. Even after that it can be a few days before UPS actually picks up the shipment. Just how they do business.

Sent from my iPhone using Firearms Talk

3. DP03

DP03 New Member

Funny you mentioned this. I placed my first order with them 6 days ago for ammo. My status is still "processing", with no shipping indication yet. Midway, SGAmmo, Brownells, Sportsman, and others all ship items listed in stock within a day or two.

I've seen lots of people on here speak highly of Palmetto.......I'm not impressed based on my first order.

4. sweeper22

sweeper22 New Member

If you order products from PSA, you will probably have them in hand in 5-35 days. And yes, the span really can be that extreme. And it's always difficult to project where you'll land within that spectum. Sometimes they're not marked as 'shipped', and they suddenly show up. They have a buncha my money. I never know whether my product will arrive next week or next month. But it does always show up.

They seem to be a small company in the process of getting a lot bigger. Sometimes they struggle to deliver in a timely manner. You will get your product, and it'll be good. Extremely good for the money. It's up to the consumer to decide if PSA's great quality/price is enough to compensate for what can be a slow delivery time. I buy from them a lot. I generally don't need these products to arrive in 3-5 days, so it works out fine.

If you want a great product at a fair price, BCM tends to deliver in 3-6 business days. Their products are excellent. They will be more expensive than PSA, but are often of slightly higher grade in my opinion. I happily deal with both companies and would suggest either to anyone I care for.

5. Welderman30

Welderman30 New Member

I've gotten a few things from them including a complete upper about a month ago. Defiantly one of the best bangs for your buck. Ordered from Brownells on Saturday and it's already shipping. They either need to hire more people if they are that overwhelmed with orders. Nothing but good things to say about their product, but this is annoying.

6. ams556

ams556 New Member

Recently. At 7 days I called with a wtf type question. They asked if I had my FFL send his license, I told them that my FFL had his info on file. They said that they moved warehouses and that all FFL info needed to be resent. He sent it within 2 days I had tracking info.

7. okdonk

okdonk New Member

Ordered ammo from them on the 2/26/14, shipped out on 3/6/14. Approximate delivery is this friday, 3/14/14.
    They are well known for slow shipping but they WILL ship your orders. I don't mind as they have deals and the prices are hard to beat.. mostly :)

8. KJG67

KJG67 New Member

Yep. Just had a simple ammo order I received last week - about 18 business days after I ordered it. Pissed because I really needed it in about 10 business days.

9. ccase39

ccase39 New Member

I bought an upper and got it in 10 days. If you read the fine print it says it could at least take 14 days because they build stuff to order.
    It also says they may print a shipping label the day of the order but that does not mean it ships right away. They will update the shipping info when they actually ship it out.
    I have had great experience with their shipping times

10. FrontierTCB

Yea, some people actually got an email letting them know to update their FFL info. Others obviously didn't. Pretty random stuff.

11. Welderman30

Welderman30 New Member

Funny how I sent them an email questioning my order last night and got an email confirming shipment this morning.

12. FrontierTCB

They have 20% off sale going now if anybody is interested. Everything except ammo and firearms I think.

Today I bought their premium BCG regular $149 on sale for $99 so I paid $87 after shipping.

It's one of those places you order from and forget about it. It's like getting a surprise gift from yourself.

13. Ibmikey

Ibmikey Member

PSA has Excellent products, like Frontier I order and then have the luxury of a nice surprise in two or three weeks. I live in not so populous NE Washington when Midway sends an order it will go 275 miles West of me, sit for 2-3 days then Lewiston Idaho (East of me) for a day or two before the final PO. The wait makes for a more exciting package opening for me and my dog. Just relax and understand ship time will happen.....soon.....

14. Ohio16pt

Ohio16pt New Member

Tomorrow I'll have my LPK I ordered 10 days ago. Does take a while but I saved a ton of money with the magpul furniture.

15. kytowboater

kytowboater Active Member

I ordered an upper build kit. Never got an email but it showed up yesterday. 12? Days after my order.

~ Get your tools and meet me on tow princess!~

16. GeneralPatton

GeneralPatton New Member

PSA is actually a solid company. I've been to the Columbia and Greenville stores in my travels. Columbia is just a store. It is a lot like a small Bass Pro Shops, with less stuff but they have an indoor range. They have the classes for the SC CCL about as cheap as you can get it. The Greenville store is bigger, brighter, cleaner and generally nicer. They have more room and lots of products. When you couldn't find any .22 ammo, they had a pallet of CCI in the middle of the store.....but they didn't sell it online. The only thing that really pisses me off with them is you can't buy online and pickup in store. And they don't sell in store for online prices, thus you can't buy it for the net price and grab it on the way by the store. That is something that definitely needs their attention....why the hell not let me just pick it up???? Saves them the labor of pulling, boxing and shipping my order. And they can be painfully slow at shipping. But they also sometimes are lightning fast. It's almost like they ship 1-2 days of the week and the rest of the week orders just pile up. Before all the hoopla last year, an order with them for anything I wanted was on my door in 3-4 days max. During and thereafter the hoopla, it's become quite a bit longer but like said above, it varies A LOT. Sometimes in a few days, sometimes in a few weeks.....but it WILL arrive. Sign up for their emails, and they have hella deals everyday......trade off just a little wait for your stuff.
    :cool:

17. NiteGoat

NiteGoat New Member

I just placed my first order with PSA, last Sunday 7/17/2016 and have yet to receive a shipping confirmation. I called PSA just now to find out the status of my order (90 round box of American Eagle XM193A). Guy told me it's not going to ship out until Monday, 7/25/2016 at the earliest. The $5 I saved is not worth the wait to me.

I won't be ordering anything from them again. I mean, I understand if it was an AR part, taking that long to ship. But an in stock box of ammo? C'mon PSA, get your act together.

18. Shopfox

Shopfox Active Member

I don't think it's fair to ding them for being slow, if you were shopping for the cheapest option.

Fast, cheap, accurate. Pick any two.

I purposely choose to do business with PSA because of quality and price. The trade off is wait time. I had a similar experience with slow shipping from Ableammo. I chose them because of price - they too were "slow to ship".

Accurate (quality) is a given. That leaves you to choose price or speed...

It seems you chose wrong for your needs.

I can't fault PSA for that.

19. Roverhound

Roverhound Member

Especially for a single 90 round box of ammo.
    Walmart likely has it. Why would someone order such a small quantity online, then dig up a 2 year old post and register with the forum just to complain?

20. NiteGoat

NiteGoat New Member

First of all, what difference does the size of my order make? If anything, the fact that it was such a small order and have such a delayed shipping time proves that PSA's shipping times are extremely slow.

Secondly, I live in CA, where our idiot governor just passed a law requiring background checks and large fees, as well as limits and a registry for ammo purchases, which has led to people hoarding ammo again. So no, Walmart did not have this particular ammo, which is why I ordered it from PSA.

Low price + a quality product should never = slow shipping. Anyone who says that is just making excuses for poor service. I order lots of ammo from sgammo and Target Sports USA, both of which are basically mom & pop operations, and I have always received normal shipping times. Sorry if I don't have a ton of money to spend on ammo right now. I have other things going on in my life, and I buy as much ammo as I can afford.

Lastly, I didn't "dig up" a 2 year old post. I simply googled "PSA shipping times" and happened to come across MANY complaints. I thought I'd add mine to this thread for any potential PSA customers who are also having issues with shipping times. Or to save someone else the headache, who was thinking of ordering something from PSA.