Palmetto inline muzzle loader question.

Discussion in 'Blackpowder & Musket' started by deftones904, Jan 12, 2016.

1. deftones904

deftones904 New Member

I was given a inline muzzleloader to hunt with from a friend. It sat around for several years and the breech area was rusted closed. I managed to break it loose but I'm the process I broke the 209 primer adapter. I didn't think much of it but I am having a Hell of a time finding a replacement. I called century arms who imported them. By the way it's called a Ridge runner. Then I called a couple local gun shops no luck. Called Dixie and Numrich. Numrich sold parts but was sold out with no assurance of getting more. Just about nothing pulls up online. I tried tracking down the Italian Palmetto arms co. No luck. I guess they went out of business in 2007. Anyways I'm at my wits end here. I really like the rifle and hate the idea of letting it go to waste. It seems like a really nice rifle. I was hoping someone on here has info on where to get parts. I really appreciate any help. Thank you for your time in advance.

2. deftones904

deftones904 New Member

I was also curious if maybe there are some interchange parts with other muzzle loaders. The 209 adapter is a 6mmx1 thread. And the breech plug is a 15mmx1.25 I believe.

3. Hawg

Hawg New Member

Palmetto's weren't very good quality. You'd probably be better off buying a new one.

4. deftones904

deftones904 New Member

Yeah I'm learning that. When I was out hunting I noticed the front sight was moving around as I was hiking out to my spot. And that 209 adapter was really cheap cast metal that's why it broke.

5. deftones904

deftones904 New Member

The trigger seems pretty good. It shoots ok. I've had some inconsistencies with it though.