painting

Discussion in 'DIY Projects' started by shooter88, Oct 14, 2011.

1. shooter88

shooter88 New Member

Hows it going guys? Im new to this so bare with me. What would be the best way to paint my shotgun camo? I only wanna paint the wood parts buy dont want it to rub or scratch off easily

2. 7.62 Man

7.62 Man New Member

In the days past you would have had to get spray paint, leaves, & sticks to do a stencil type camo job. Now some people can get it to turn out right but most can't. Here is the new way to do camo & get a very professional looking job every time, just watch the video.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wj6W7NQWPQo]DIY camo gun dipping kit hydrographics - YouTube[/ame]

3. Montaktical

Montaktical New Member

Camo

I recommend Duracoat. you could get away with krylon but Duracoat will hold up a lot better. The key to durability with any of it will be your prep work. He's right though, youll want to make some sort of stencil. I have done several of the "pinestraw" jobs. The trick to getting it to look right is all in how you layer your colors. Grab a 2x4 or something cheap to practice on. If you want a different type of camo youll need to make the stencils with masking tape and a knife, or buy them online. I created all mine on the computer and have a stencil cutter cut them for me. Ill sell em if your interested.

MTAK

Montaktical MTAK Duracoat