Paintball Marker for home defense

Discussion in 'The Club House' started by darthjkf, Jul 27, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. darthjkf

darthjkf New Member

As a minor I cannot have access to a firearm without an adult. With that in mind, there has been a few break-ins in my neighborhood and I have been thinking of what would happen upstairs. ( I have a two story home). My best idea that does not include jumping out the window, is using my paintball gun.

2. darthjkf

darthjkf New Member

Is this good idea? Maybe ramming some nails or a nail and bullet. I want your opinions. Yes. My father is slightly leaning towards something like this.

3. Chainfire

Chainfire Well-Known Member Supporter

This is a joke, right?

4. eatmydust

eatmydust New Member

Wrist rocket with steel ball bearings! Practice, practice, practice!!!

5. darthjkf

darthjkf New Member

Not exactly. More hypothetical.

6. clr8ter

clr8ter New Member

I don't even know what this means.......as far as your OP is concerned, be honest, does it SOUND like a good idea to you? If you want to know MY opinion, it is possible they don't allow minors to have guns for a reason. As such, it is up to your mother and father to protect you while you are.

7. darthjkf

darthjkf New Member

More food for thought.

8. darthjkf

darthjkf New Member

Good point. Screw that.

9. darthjkf

darthjkf New Member

The situation would be when I am the only one in the house. But ramming nails would not turn out well. That would be stupid.

10. bowhunter17

bowhunter17 New Member

I really don't think that you'd have the time to set up your PB gun before it's too late. I've played paintball a lot. You would have to screw in your air tank, clamp down the hopper, open bag of paint, pour paint into hopper, and if your gun is electronic (usually fires about 20 balls per second, but can get even higher) the gun would need to be turned on. Also you would have to turn on your electric hopper.
    And leaving your PB gun ready to go isn't really an option. Leaving an airsource attached to your gun for extended periods of time can hurt the gun (tanks have around 3000 psi) and paintballs will melt and become deformed if left in the hopper.

11. c3shooter

c3shooter Administrator Staff Member

No, a paintball gun would not be a good idea. If it were, a lot of people would be using them.

Discuss this with your parents. If THEY feel it would be appropriate, AND if the laws in your area permit, they may be able to get an OC pepper spray THAT STAYS THERE AT THE HOUSE.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.