Paint Job

Discussion in 'General Rifle Discussion' started by HKSlinger, Dec 16, 2010.

1. HKSlinger

HKSlinger New Member

I did a search and nothing came up for "camo. rifles",so what the heck. Anyone else tried there hand at a home paint job? How about some pics..

Last edited: Jun 2, 2011
  2. danf_fl

danf_fl Retired Supporter

Yes. But the wife hates the smell when I oven bake.

3. Logan2302

Logan2302 New Member

Here's my rem 700, 243. i tweak it every so often

PHP:

Attached Files:

4. HKSlinger

HKSlinger New Member

5. SHSBulldog06

SHSBulldog06 New Member

yep, tried my hand at this one a year or so ago.

Attached Files:

6. HKSlinger

HKSlinger New Member

Went digital ay? Nice job.

7. SHSBulldog06

SHSBulldog06 New Member

yep, went digital. If I were to do it again though I would use smaller squares for the pattern. But it was decent for a first time I think.

8. M14sRock

M14sRock New Member

I paint most of them.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

9. HKSlinger

HKSlinger New Member

Nothing wrong with the way it turned out. But hey,the nice thing is,if your not happy with it you can always do it over again.

10. HKSlinger

HKSlinger New Member

That's amazing! The rifle at the very top. Looks JUST LIKE wood! Man,your good! :D

11. fragout

fragout New Member

I'm not much of an artist, but here is what happens when you hand me some Krylon spray paint, a couple of m14 stocks, and a 12pack of beer.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

For actual reason of camouflage, my home made rattle can wonders work well, and are easy to touch up, as mine are not babied at all, and see alot of field use/hunting/etc.....

12. HKSlinger

HKSlinger New Member

Ahhh,when the beer flows like wine,your a true artist my friend.:p

13. soldierman79

soldierman79 New Member

Here's my attempt at the 'pine needle' paint job.
    Delton middy upper, spikes tactical lower and a cheapo scope.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Dec 19, 2010
  14. rodent.22

rodent.22 New Member

Here's my mini, done with Krylon, and a couple of .22's OD'd with Krylon. Very durable and easy.

Attached Files:

15. CA357

CA357 New Member Supporter

I really like that pine needle paint job soldierman.

Here's my Eddystone. The steel is done with Brownell's Aluma Hide II and the stock is done with Krylon textured paint.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

16. jca1

jca1 New Member

Dude, that's freaking awesome! We need a "how to" on that one cuz.

17. HKSlinger

HKSlinger New Member

Is that a braided sling? And I agree, a How To, is in order.

18. mach1337

mach1337 New Member

HK. that sling is really easy to do i did one with od green paracord on my mauser. theres a thread with pics some where in the C&R section. and i plan on sporterizing and painting the mauser when i get some $ in. thinkin green and black.

BTW M14 are those JAE stocks on your 14's. id love to have a M14 with a jae stock would be so nice but so expensive.

19. soldierman79

soldierman79 New Member

Easy Peasy

Thanks y'all. Yep, the sling is braided out of 550 cord. I learned how to make those 'survival' bracelets that you see everywhere so i figured i'd make a sling with the same type of braid. It's roughly 55' or 60' of 550 cord.

On the paint job how to...i've never written one before but i'll try. It's actually very simple. I have already painted my AR so my son will be very happy that i'm going to use his Nerf gun for demonstration purposes. lol

Get you some brake cleaner. I had some cheapo break cleaner in the garage already. Spray down all the surfaces of your rifle that you will be painting. Any grease, oil or solvent will cause the paint to bubble or chip.

I went to my local Lowes and purchased a can of Matte Clear and the Krylon Ultra Flat in just about every camo color they make. lol. You can make yours any color you like.

After all the brake cleaner is dry(very important), start with which ever base coat you like. I started with the lightest tan. Give it a solid coat. Note: Small sprays, thin spritzes with the paint will keep your stress level and drips down. You can lay it on a table with a drop cloth(very important if you are married. I may have kind of accidentally sort of painted the patio table) or hang it up by a hangar from the flash hider.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Dec 20, 2010