Packing at the Ryman

Discussion in 'Concealed Carrying & Personal Protection' started by BeanStationBluegrasser, Feb 3, 2012.

1. BeanStationBluegrasser

BeanStationBluegrasser New Member

Me & a friend of mine are packing heat in the Ryman Auditorium in Nashville during the Grand Ole Opry...& no one knows it but us. Just wanted to let everyone know. This feels so cool. Thank you & goodnight.

2. HOSSFLY

HOSSFLY New Member

Your exactly the type that scares me about so many CCL's being handed out :(

Last edited: Feb 3, 2012

3. BeanStationBluegrasser

BeanStationBluegrasser New Member

Dear sir I was implying in no way that I or my friend are carrying for pure pleasure. I take gun safety very seriously as does my friend. We carry for personal protection. Carrying at The Ryman is just very different because it's not somewhere I would've ever pictured myself carrying a gun into. Have you ever walked downtown Nashville late on a friday night? The concern you have of my reason for carrying in any environment I choose to is about as important to me & to the state of Tennessee as what size shoe you wear. I have met the standards set by the state of Tennessee to obtain a CCL & carry where I am permitted if I choose to do so. & I chose to carry here. & I do so with safety & caution. Thank you for your input.

4. trex1310

trex1310 New Member

There may be many other people in the Ryman carrying that you
    don't know about. I know I would be.

5. mcb

mcb New Member

Why brag about it. I carry everyday and everywhere it's legal. It never occurs to me to announce it online. It's a big responsibility to be taken seriously.

6. WilliamTF

WilliamTF New Member

Awesome Bean! Enjoy the show. Wish I could be there too, preferably seated far away from you guys. I hope you don't get patted upon enetering or your plans for the evening may change. Dude, Ill just say it , crap like that sounds pretty immature. I understand your jacked about your right/ability to carry but these other guys are right . Find comfort and peace in the fact you stand a better chance of walking away from an attack now . But Ill be honest when I read your post the very first things I thought were this guy must be pretty young, he may be trying to provoke negative comments (stirring it up) and I hope he's not as trigger happy as he sounds. Please use your head bro your representing all of us evil ccw gun nuts. No offense , just some advice take it or leave it . Have fun and enjoy the view of Miranda .

7. ScottA

ScottA FAA licensed bugsmasher Lifetime Supporter

OP-

Please don't take any offense, but a lot of folks on here get pretty leery of anyone bragging about where they carry. I doubt that was what you thought you were writing, but that's kind of the way it came across.

8. winds-of-change

winds-of-change The Balota's Staff Member

Yeah......

9. JonM

JonM Moderator

The only time i dont carry is when im at work. We deal with emotionally troubled children and getting into a tussle with one and having my gun come into play in their hands by accident is just not on my agenda.

The odds of getting into a struggle with one of the kids is much higherthan having to need the gun for protection so i choose not to carry at work. Other than that ive always got a gun unless i need to go througha metal detector.

It is like putting on my pants, just another article of clothing

10. vincent

vincent New Member

Heh heh, my pants won't even stay up unless I'm heeled! :D

11. MrWray

MrWray New Member

Ive carried a gun everyday for the past 11 years, its there for protection....not the "ive gotta gun and im cool" factor.. It will be a bad day if you get caught in there with a gun

Last edited: Feb 4, 2012
  12. Durangokid

Durangokid New Member

If you ever have to use your weapon chances are you will end up in court or under police investigation. You sure as Hell don't want comments like those posted here to show up in you records. You will look like some one who set out to use the firearm. The other problem many gun owners worked in state governments to gain these freedoms. We are up set when we see people take these hard won rights lightly.:(

13. danf_fl

danf_fl Retired Supporter

Somehow, this has a ring of locker talk in a school.

"Hey, guess who we did last night". A real gentleman does not dicuss such things.

Concealed means not talking about it either. No one should know you are carrying. If that is you in your avatar, I know how you look. By your post, I know where you will be. Tracing your URL, I can get your real name. Once I have your name, I could check if you have a CCW permit. I can tell the judge that you had criminal intent because you posted this in an open forum for no explicit reason.

14. Jeepergeo

Jeepergeo New Member

Junior High School.

15. danf_fl

danf_fl Retired Supporter

I see he removed his avatar.

16. orangello

orangello New Member

Is it illegal to carry in TN auditoriums or something? That varies from state to state, i would bet. I don't remember alcohol there, but i was a kid last time i saw the Opry.

17. HOSSFLY

HOSSFLY New Member

Dont know but should be-
    A bunch of gud ole boys drinkin 'n singin togeather should NOT be healed :p

18. HOSSFLY

HOSSFLY New Member

I think he's searching for the below to use :rolleyes:

[​IMG]

19. vincent

vincent New Member

Don't know about TN but here any place where admission is charged is off limits to carry...

20. Mandy

Mandy New Member

I don't see the point in announcing it, concealed means nobody knows that you have it.............