Pachmayr Tactical Grip Gloves

Discussion in 'Glock Forum' started by Quentin, Jun 26, 2011.

1. Quentin

Quentin New Member

Figured I'd throw this up here in case someone hasn't seen these slip on grips. Pretty good deal for $12.

Yesterday I picked up one for my Glock 22 and liked it much better than the Hogue Handall I was using mainly because it's not so thick. I got the Model 17 for full size Glocks like the 17/22 but I tried it on my compact 23 and it's a perfect fit (Pachmayr makes one for the 19/23 that's about 1/4" shorter but I'd get the larger grip). I liked it so much I went back and got a second so both Glocks are wearing one now.

Very tacky (in a good way, sticky to the grip) and stretches. Seems to work well when your hands are wet but I'll find out with more use and sweat. Much easier to put on than the Hogues!

So far the only complaint, the large size should be 1/4" longer for the full size Glocks. And I bet the Model 19 version would be a good fit for the Baby Glocks. Defenitely recommended at the price.

2. Snakedriver

Snakedriver New Member

Yep, I just got one for my wife's G19. It's a nice fit and I like the composition of the grip material. :cool:

3. g17frantz

g17frantz New Member

I agree, I had the Hogue handall grip on for awhile and tried the pachmayar. I like the pachmayar a whole lot better due to the slimmer profile and the tackiness of the grip. A whole lot easier to draw

4. Mandy

Mandy New Member

Casually I just bought 1 today and just installed it, feels way better than bare......

Attached Files:

5. Quentin

Quentin New Member

Glad you like it Mandy! And thanks for the picture, I hadn't gotten around to taking one. Anyway, that's the grip for the G17/22 installed on a G23. Perfect fit.

6. Mandy

Mandy New Member

Well at least the package said it was for the Glock Compacts, Models 19,23,25,32 & 38

Sure like it a lot, will see how it handles in the range next outing

7. Quentin

Quentin New Member

Now that is interesting! I saw two sizes, the 17,20,21,22,31,34,35&37 along with the size you mentioned. I bought the large size for my 22 then tried it on my 23 and got a perfect fit so left it on and got another large size for my 22.

I wonder if you got the large size packaged in the wrong box? On the right bottom of the grip if I turn either of mine inside out about 1/2" the model, GL22 is marked in the rubber. (You don't have to remove the grip from the gun.) Does yours say that? I don't know what the smaller one is marked.

I never checked this in the store except to note that the 19/23 grip is about 1/4" shorter.

8. Mandy

Mandy New Member

Just checked mine , it says GL19.........

Can't wait to try it out!!

9. g17frantz

g17frantz New Member

Mandy I think you'll like it. I love my grip a whole let better than the hogue handall

10. Quentin

Quentin New Member

Thanks for checking that, Mandy. Now I wonder why the ones for the 17/19 I saw at Sportsmans Warehouse were smaller. Oh well, no big deal - we both got the same size and same fit even though the numbers are different.

11. Mandy

Mandy New Member

:cool:...........................

12. Judah_BenHur

Judah_BenHur New Member

Update?

Hope I'm not breaking the bump rule, but I was hoping to maybe get an update of the pachmayr grip now that ya'll have had it awhile?

I think this may be the next thing for the 23. But I'm concerned about a couple things;
    My 23 is my CC. I wear it in a Safariland 528 owb at about 4 o'clock. Right now I have the sandpaper texture grip tape on it, and when I just have a loose Tee covering in the warmer days, that tape can get irritating-I don't wear an undershirt.
    Would the tacky rubber get hung up on clothing or a jacket in a must-draw-right-now scenario? How would it feel against bare skin? Any other downsides?
    I know for 10-12 dollars I should just try it, and probably will. But insight from those that have been there is always good.
    Oh, and great tip to get the full size version for the 23. Good call.

13. Mandy

Mandy New Member

No problems at all..............I got a rash from the holster, not the gun, a callus is developing in the rash area so soon the holster (IWB) won't be a problem too.

Get it and never look back

14. Judah_BenHur

Judah_BenHur New Member

Sweet

Thanks Mandy. Appreciate the feedback! :)

15. g17frantz

g17frantz New Member

Love it on my g17. Tacky and uber comfy

16. Quentin

Quentin New Member

Same here... on my G22 and G23.

17. Alpha1Victor

Alpha1Victor New Member

Can anyone post a picture? Im curious now:)

Signing out, Alpha1victor.

18. Judah_BenHur

Judah_BenHur New Member

Page one of this thread. ;)

19. Alpha1Victor

Alpha1Victor New Member

Oops, skimed over it i guess.

Signing out, Alpha1victor.