PA walmarts? CC friendly?

Discussion in 'Concealed Carrying & Personal Protection' started by REDMIST89, Mar 26, 2012.

1. REDMIST89

REDMIST89 New Member

well as a frequent late night shopper of wal-mart(i am there more between the hrs of 10pm-5am more than any other) n well when i carry i will most likely not wanna take it off just to go buy my bread or milk so anyone know what walmarts stance is in conealed firearms instore? ik i walked into one open carrying once and got told to put it back in my car.
    Im talking if its concealed under my hoody n the holster shows or the grip of the gun is noticed by an employee..potential police confrontation id like to avoid

Last edited: Mar 26, 2012
  2. Ranger-6

Ranger-6 New Member

Conceal carry in Walmart should be fine as long as there is no "No Firearms" sign posted at the entrance.

3. shadyshooter

shadyshooter New Member

on the Walmart theme is it true they are offering there own AR15?

4. 007BondJamesBond007

007BondJamesBond007 New Member

[​IMG]
    Here is a map for a Wally Walk.

Attached Files:

5. Ranger-6

Ranger-6 New Member

There's a lot of truth in that statement.

6. mcb

mcb New Member

To my knowledge PA does not have a law allowing businesses to post a no firearms sign for ccp holders. That being said if someone notices your grip or some other part of your gun, it is not concealed and you may run into an issue. You may need to find a better way to carry.

7. 007BondJamesBond007

007BondJamesBond007 New Member

Thanks.

MI has a "Open Carry" law. Not a problem.

8. 01hugo

01hugo New Member

Good ol Michigan! I love my state.

9. PlaysWithZombies

PlaysWithZombies New Member

I'm a PA resident as well, and also only go to walmart in late or early hours. I've been carrying for years and never had any problem in walmart or any other store for that matter. As long as you have a cc permit and your gun is in fact concealed i wouldn't worry about it.

10. levelcross

levelcross New Member

Not sure about PA but here in NC I run into a guy who frequently open carries, which I feel is a mistake, but I carry concealed every time I walk into a Wallyworld. I have never seen a sign posted for no firearms at WW.

007 I love the Uncle Ted quote.

11. mcb

mcb New Member

In PA a few people open carry to make a point. There is not a law on the books saying you are not allowed to open carry. To each his owns.

12. mountainman13

mountainman13 New Member

If it is properly concealed Walmart won't have any say in the matter.

13. Rugers9

Rugers9 New Member

In Az its open carry I pass many of guy including myself open carry through stores but if asked you must remove the weapon

14. fupuk

fupuk New Member

Im still waiting for my Cpl in the mail in Michigan and i also go to walmart at those times because i work secomd shift and i open carry at walmart all the time. I have never had a problem while carrying my firearm.

15. HOSSFLY

HOSSFLY New Member

Fair enuff---
    I myself DISAPPROVE of open carry but thats just me----------

16. fupuk

fupuk New Member

Im ok with open carry because i personally can not conceal at the moment. But thats all i can LEGALY do as of right now so thats what im gonna do. Once i get my Cpl it will be consealed at all times. But i know open carry is legal, i just wish everyone else did too....

17. nccinstaller

nccinstaller New Member

In ohio i have open carried to walmart but 95% i conceal carry. My walmart doesnt have a no carry sign so i carry every time i go

18. sweeper22

sweeper22 New Member

My method is as follows:

Know the big no-nos where actual law applies...like Fed buildings, schools in some cases, etc.

Carry everywhere else, and don't bother seeking out signage. My gun is concealed. They (business, customers) shouldn't see it no matter how they feel, and for the most part the worst they can do is ask me to leave.

19. UrbanNinja

UrbanNinja New Member

PA does allow open carry. At least it does in Philadelphia, but I do not recommend it. The Philadelphia police don't know Their own laws.