p938 trigger

Discussion in 'SIG Sauer Forum' started by vinnytombs, May 15, 2013.

1. vinnytombs

vinnytombs New Member

hello everyone I picked up a p938 a few weeks ago and did some shooting. I am very pleased with it shoots great. It is the houge model with the laser, which I removed both the laser and the grips and made my own from poplar. It's a little easier to conceal that way. Thinking about the mainspring to a Wolff 20lb. Has anyone else tried this?

2. activereality

activereality New Member

Not sure I understand "main spring". Talking about changing the trigger assembly spring to a 20lb? That seems like a pretty heavy pull.

But those grips look pretty nice. Are you going to stain them or leave em natural? Nice work so far.

3. vinnytombs

vinnytombs New Member

Thanks for the compliment it was my first go at making grips. Surprisingly not all that difficult $1.86 and about an hour. The spring I'm refering to is what I've seen a mainspring. Also call a trigger spring. I'm not sure as to the poundage they come with from the factory, but it says it will take the factory 8lb trigger to 4 lbs. It's made by Wolff and is for a colt mustang.

4. vinnytombs

vinnytombs New Member

And to answer your question I poly'ed the grips 3 times to bring out and keep the natural colors of the wood.