P938 - So Impressed!!

Discussion in 'SIG Sauer Forum' started by DP03, Jan 16, 2014.

1. DP03

DP03 New Member

I finally went to the range with only one gun, my 938. I usually shoot a number of different weapons, but this time I wanted to concentrate on one. Mine's an Extreme version with rubber Hogue grips that make this little pistol very comfortable to shoot. The grips provide a little more girth which really makes a nice difference to me.

After about 5 rounds, I settled in and was nailing the center rings consistently at 10 yards. I'm really amazed how accurate a gun this small can be. I shot all types of rounds, for a total of about 250.

115, 124, 147 grain, as well as +P. FMJ as well as JHP SD rounds. Flawless performance. This is one heck of a carry gun!!!

2. TexasGunner

TexasGunner New Member

image-2784991622.jpg
    I believe you and I have the same one! And yes it is a great shooter.

3. DP03

DP03 New Member

Did yours come with those grips? Mine had the Xtreme grips, which are Hogues, but they were a silver/grey pattern.

4. DP03

DP03 New Member

Last edited: Jan 16, 2014
  5. chipotlejoe

chipotlejoe New Member

I bought the same model last spring. I've shot several boxes of amo thru
    It. No problems what so ever. Easy gun to shoot and clean. I'm a farmer so I get plenty chances to shoot at snakes and other nuisance animals. I've made some
    Amazing shots with it. Great conceal carry gun. Well worth the money!

6. winds-of-change

winds-of-change The Balota's Staff Member

I think Sigs are mighty fine guns.

7. clr8ter

clr8ter New Member

I have the rosewood model, currently has bloodwood grips on it made by a member here. Awesome gun! Having said that; DP03, or any of the other owners here, have you taken a full mag, inserted it, racked a round for CC, and then unloaded it without firing? If not, try it, and let me know the results, I'm curious. When mine chambers a round, it partially strips off the next one down, not letting the mag drop free. You have to pull it out, and that 2nd round comes out of the mag, and falls out the bottom. Other that lack of mags, and the fact that the gun only comes with one, this is the only real complaint I have about it.

8. DP03

DP03 New Member

I will try this later today and let you know.

9. clr8ter

clr8ter New Member

Excellent. Is yours a more recent version? I got mine October '12.

10. DP03

DP03 New Member

Yes I got mine in Dec. I also have 2 7 rnd mags I can try along with the 6. BTW, the 7 rnd mags are awesome. They add a place for the pinky.

11. clr8ter

clr8ter New Member

Holy Crap! 2 7 round mags? Where did you get them, and how much?

12. DP03

DP03 New Member

Not 27 rnd mags. Two seven rnd mags!

They are Sig mags and not expensive. I bought them online. Don't remember exactly but they weren't expensive.

13. clr8ter

clr8ter New Member

Yeah, (2) seven round mags….there was a space there, lol. I am having a hard time finding them. Certainly not locally. I did find some on E-Bay yesterday, they work out to about $50 ea, after shipping. I personally wouldn't call that inexpensive...

14. DP03

DP03 New Member

No def didn't pay that. When I get home I'll look it up for you.

15. clr8ter

clr8ter New Member

Huh. Those mags list for $40 on Sigs website. And given their unavailability, I'd buy several at anything less than that.

16. DP03

DP03 New Member

Ok, so I just tested out the scenario you asked about. Full mag, racked one in the chamber, then tried to drop the mag. The mag did not drop all the way, but almost. Yes, the top round was advanced, but not enough to make it come loose like you referenced. I could pull the mag out with all the rounds intact. This was the same for the 6 and the 7 rnd mag. I'm thinking because the mag almost drops, it may do so over time with more loosening up. I probably only have a total of about 300 rounds through mine, and I have 3 mags, so each hasn't seen much action.

As far as the price of the 7 rnd mags, I haven't located the receipt so far. I'm thinking I may have got them from my LGS with the gun. I will check that and let you know.

17. clr8ter

clr8ter New Member

Huh. Interesting. My mag only drops about 1/4" or so, and definitely strips off a round even time. Although, I wonder if round count affects it. I only have maybe 50 rounds through mine, tops. I'd also be interested in hearing from somebody with a nearly new one, with 0-50 rounds through theirs.

18. DP03

DP03 New Member

Yea, hopefully someone will chime in. But as you know, these mags are VERY tight out of the box. I'm betting that they just need some more breaking in. I'm planning on shooting mine a good deal in the next month. I'll let you know if things change with rounds.

19. clr8ter

clr8ter New Member

If I'm not mistaken, the mag is not tight at all unloaded. I will check.

20. JW357

JW357 New Member

Lol a 27 round magazine in that gun would look completely ridiculous.