P30 trigger

Discussion in 'Heckler & Koch Forum' started by Byron0022, Mar 10, 2013.

1. Byron0022

Byron0022 New Member

I've read a few forums discussing this but haven't come out with a clear cut answer, any way to lighten up the DA pull on this thing? It's terrible. Seems the most common answer was no but I figured I would throw it out there anyway.

2. aikimo

aikimo New Member

Good point. I just bought a p30 as well, and love the gun & the sa trigger but the da trigger is long and heavy. I too was told that there was nothing that could be done other than practice and get used to it....

3. Byron0022

Byron0022 New Member

I read somewhere about changing the spring out but I think further in the thread on person advised against it. I'll keep looking and if I come across something I will be sure to send you a link.

4. 2manyhobbies

2manyhobbies New Member

I have read it will loosen up with use... One huge Caveat though!!!
    letting anyone other than a certified HK armorer modify it will void the warranty.

5. Byron0022

Byron0022 New Member

Good info, honestly didn't think anything about that.

6. jyo

jyo New Member

Honestly, my P30S 9mm trigger is reasonably decent in SA and very smooth in DA---yeah, it's got a few hundred rounds down-range---but I really like this pistol!

7. arcpolo

arcpolo New Member

I don't know why ppl is *****ing..it's da..for a reason..for safety..sa..is good so get over it...

8. Byron0022

Byron0022 New Member

Excellent post, did you write this yourself or did mommy help you?

9. fordracing

fordracing Member

Does no one have a problem with the single action? It's so long, my wife thought the pistol was broken.

10. 2manyhobbies

2manyhobbies New Member

There's a reason HK's are among the safest to carry with one in the pipe and the safety off,.. :D

11. Byron0022

Byron0022 New Member

Arcpolo will tell you it's for safety and you are *****ing. It's definitely a unusual trigger on the P30. Finally got to the range yesterday with mine and on 7 out of 10 mags the slide didn't lock back. I'm gonna give it a solid cleaning. And take it back out for rounds two next week.

12. arcpolo

arcpolo New Member

Sorry Byron..its true...if u want a short light da...go with the LEM. My HK45CT in sa mode is awesome...DA,....well

13. Byron0022

Byron0022 New Member

I've been looking at a USP Compact next. Store I got to has just about sold out of everything except HK, I'm guessing because they are pricey. I still have to get a Scorpion out of layaway and I'll decide then.