Firearms Talk banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
286 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
The Eastman Gun Show will be in Savannah this weekend. I'll be shopping for a either a Sig P239 or a CZ 2075 RAMI. 40 cal would be nice but I'll settle for 9mm. If neither are available, I'll go with Gunbroker.com for the purchase.

Does anybody give any personal experience either?

·
Registered
73 Posts
Chuck-

I have the Sig p239 in 9mm and can give some input on that pistol. I have no experience with the Rami. When I want to carry a single-stack 9mm the 239 is a pretty good choice- light, reliable and accurate. I have a couple thousand rounds through mine without any problems (mostly 124 grain Remington Golden Sabre JHPs). If I carry a double stack 9mm I prefer the CZ 75 compact (no rail). You can't go wrong with the Sig p239. I hope someone with Rami experience will also comment on that pistol.

best wishes- oldandslow

·
Registered
286 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Chuck-

I have the Sig p239 in 9mm and can give some input on that pistol. I have no experience with the Rami. When I want to carry a single-stack 9mm the 239 is a pretty good choice- light, reliable and accurate. I have a couple thousand rounds through mine without any problems (mostly 124 grain Remington Golden Sabre JHPs). If I carry a double stack 9mm I prefer the CZ 75 compact (no rail). You can't go wrong with the Sig p239. I hope someone with Rami experience will also comment on that pistol.

best wishes- oldandslow
Thanks for the input.

·
Registered
286 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
It appears that I won't be buying either for the time being. Our local firearms dealer made me an offer I couldn't refuse. I got a Sig Pro 2022 in 40 S&W for $400. It's a certified pre-owned from Sig with not one scratch on it.

·
Registered
876 Posts
I was wondering how you like your Sig Pro? I have the Sig P239 and P229 both in 9mm. Love the way they feel. The P239 is just a little smaller then the P229 not by much though. But for the extra size of the P229 you get 5 more rounds instead of 8 with the P239.:D

1 - 5 of 5 Posts