P229???

Discussion in 'SIG Sauer Forum' started by maccw, Feb 4, 2013.

1. maccw

maccw New Member

Just got my LTC in state of MA. So looking for a CCW. Would really like a P229. Just shot one last week and felt really nice. Any thoughts?

2. maccw

maccw New Member

3. connectegr

connectegr New Member

The 229 is a great gun. I have an Equinox in 40 S&W. It has been flawless for 1000's of rounds. I used it for years in IDPA matches. However, IMHO it is a little heavy for concealed carry. It can be done. But, invest in a good belt and oversized pants.

4. connectegr

connectegr New Member

I do have a Milt Sparks VM2 holster, for my P229. And, it conceals well and is comfortable.

5. drvsafe

drvsafe New Member

Great pistol. I have a Nitron in 9mm. I find it a bit heavy for concealed carry. But that is my opinion, I carry iwb and find it uncomfortable. Your results will vary. But I can say that it's a great compact frame pistol with a stellar reputation and lifetime guarantee.

6. Virginia58

Virginia58 Member Supporter

P229 is a great gun and I have and do carry it regularly. Accurate and reliable. Picked it up in .40, but also have the 357 barrel.

7. maccw

maccw New Member

Thanks for replies everyone. I can't wait to get my hands one one. I think as my first CCW, I might try it out. I hear that it might be too heavy for that, but when I shot it, it felt great and comfortable. So I guess if I was ever in a situation, that's what I want. Hey, if its that heavy and uncomfortable to carry, then I'll get a M&P 40c and just switch up once and a while. Even though its probably best to stick with the same CCW.
    Oh, and I am planning on getting the P229 in .40 S&W.

8. DrumJunkie

DrumJunkie New Member

It's one of the best carry guns I've had. There's no way to deny the Sig Sauer reliability. And they are really accurate.

9. activereality

activereality New Member

I've had a p229 Sas E2 for about 8 months and love it. Never had any problems with it. About to get a .357 barrel for it to change things up.

You'll love it when you get it.