P229 Case Extraction Problem

Discussion in 'SIG Sauer Forum' started by buckhorn_cortez, May 21, 2014.

1. I am having a problem with Armscor 124 grain ammunition in my P229. An empty case will intermittently not be extracted from the barrel.

I have tried Federal, Winchester, Herter's, PMC, Prvi Partizan, and Sellier & Bellot - all work fine. The ammunition has been in a variety of bullet weights: 115, 124, and 147 grain and the gun has no problem.

The Armscor ammunition will function fine in a Springfield XDm 5.25, but not in the SIG.

I have 8 magazines and the problem happens with all of the magazines so it cannot be a magazine feed problem.

The only thing I've been able to find by examining a case that has not been extracted, is the base of the case is 0.0015 inches larger diameter than cases from the other manufacturers.

Since the pistol works fine with every other manufacturer's products, I'm not sure whether I should contact SIG about this or just not shoot the Armscor ammunition.

Thoughts or comments?

2. JonM

JonM Moderator

dont use that ammo in that gun....

you can contact sig talking is always free. they have decent cs, not steller but decent

3. sigman84

sigman84 New Member

I'm gonna go with don't use that ammo as well.

4. danf_fl

danf_fl Retired Supporter

I agree that other ammo should be used.

Find what works best and stick with it.