P226 Sight Adjustments

Discussion in 'Semi-Auto Handguns' started by GunHo, Apr 30, 2012.

1. GunHo

GunHo New Member

My P226 sights are off. This was my 1st gun 6 months ago and as a beginner, I would be considered a fool trying to blame my sights for my terrible shooting results. Well, 6 months and 6 guns later, I have evidence to blame the sights now. I have 2 other pistols with adjustable rear sights that I group with pretty well. I shot the P226 exact same way and it was going way left and low.

This is how I have to line up my sights to hit my target:

[​IMG]

Any Sig owners have a similar experience? Better question; any Sig owners with the same problem fix/adjust their sights? Would really appreciate your advise.

2. kdog

kdog New Member

yip...

one reason I sold my P226.
    In my opinion, it`s not the sights, it`s the trigger system.
    The trigger breaks very late on the sig`s and not everybody can handle that.
    The late trigger break causes the shooter to tend to jerk the trigger and tilt the muzzle down.

So, either do some serious trigger traininig or sell the P226.

Just my opinion.

3. GunHo

GunHo New Member

Of coarse it's not the gun. I got a very similar advices from some veteran gunners. Thanks for the pointer.

4. CipsterX

CipsterX New Member

Sig sights are set up from the factory to be dead on accurate at 25 yard and the sights on sigs are combat sights so a traditional sight picture will not work or you will shoot low. The correct sig sight picture is below and practice trigger control, grip, and not flinching and you will get excellent groupings

Now after all that if the sights are off then they where never set up at the factory since sig uses a 200 dollar and or so sight pusher to move the sights.
    Have and experienced shooter and or sig owner shoot your gun bench rested from about 10 to 15 yards ad see how they do. Modern day firearms are more accurate then humans and more then not it's us that are making the mistakes.

Good luck

Sig 229 owner

image-3206138662.jpg

Last edited: Apr 30, 2012
  5. GunHo

GunHo New Member

Thanks Cipster. That certainly explains my low shooting. Looks like I'll need to cover the bullseye to be on target nexttime. With all my other guns, I typically lineup the sights at 6 o'clock of the target. Just like with cars, every gun run a little different.

6. CipsterX

CipsterX New Member

Sig's website explains sight picture for their firearms more in detail but this is it for the most part

Take care