P226 Mk25...newest edition to the family

Discussion in 'SIG Sauer Forum' started by Mouser, Aug 17, 2013.

1. Mouser

Mouser Member

I was looking for either an Equinox or a Mk25...this one (Mk25) was on the shelf so I couldn't not buy it! :D

My first Sig...I kept reading the range reports and feedback so I started getting antsy to buy one...I am complete...for the moment. Cleaned/degreased it and managed to fire a box of 50 through it today and I can say that I was not disappointed!

Last weekend, I struggled to hit anything with my Browning...this gun shot well for me and was very controllable under recoil. The sight picture was excellent and I found the trigger to clean and crisp and not overly heavy for a combat weapon. The stock grips were comfortable for me.

I've read that the Sig's can have spare magazines from two suppliers, but I could not see a logo to tell which manufacturer provide my spare mags.

Attached Files:

2. miamivice

miamivice New Member

I believe the MK25's only come with Mec-gar mags

3. sdiver35

sdiver35 New Member

Nice weapon, congrats!

4. fordracing

fordracing Member

Congrats on the new heater. Caution though, buying a Sig leads to buying more Sigs.

5. JW357

JW357 New Member

Congrats on the addition!

6. Judge

Judge New Member

Fordracing is absolutely correct. Congrats on the new gun. You're gonna love it. Any idea what holster you are going to use?

7. Mouser

Mouser Member

The gun shoots real good and the recoil is light for sure...as far as holsters go, I don't really know what kind of holster. I am not going to CC it, mostly a range gun, maybe home defense....having said that, what holsters, non-CC would you recommend?

Attached Files:

8. Judge

Judge New Member

I do not CC my mk25 because its just a big handgun. I use an IMI holster for the range and it works really well, but I'm sure there are other holsters that are available. From what I've read, the mk25 typically doesn't work with other p226 holsters because of the rail on the mk25 (trust your research about this instead of relying on mine though)

9. AznZOhAn

AznZOhAn New Member

I'm actually thinking about making the MK25 my first 226 purchase. I have 2 229s and 2 220s. Would y'all recommend the MK25 or another 226 for my first? Another question, can I order a MK25 from factory with a threaded barrel?

10. austin92

austin92 New Member

X2 on this question. I like the navy model but I REALLY want a threaded barrel on my first 226

11. sdiver35

sdiver35 New Member

Go with the 226 Combat. It came with a threaded barrel and has the same internal coating as the Navy model.

12. austin92

austin92 New Member

Thanks for the input. I'm having a hard time decide which 226 I want. I know I want it chambered n 9mm, threaded barrel is probably top of the want list, followed by a picatiny, the phosphorus coating would b nice but not a must. Night sights would b nice as it will probably b my night stand gun. If factory iron sights, I've heard some people say certain models start shooting low when you install night sights, something about 8/8 sights? Not sure what that's all about. And what is the absolute smallest grip set out there that still has that almost rubbery classic sig grip feeling. Looks kinda like about 80 grit sandpaper. I don't want the grips that feel like the xd's and glocks. Is a 20rd model worth tracking down or should I stay with the 15rd 226's? Last, does the "srt" kit bring the trigger back in double action at all? Like shortening backstrap to trigger distance. Sorry for all the questions, wanna buy the right one though :)

13. austin92

austin92 New Member

You guys think I'd b better off to start my own thread?

14. JW357

JW357 New Member

Probably.

15. fordracing

fordracing Member

I'll start by saying that sometimes I don't know what I'm talking about. Check Sigs website. Don't most P226's come with night sights? I think the grips on the different 226's I've handled have all been very comfortable. Like it was made for my hand. Not sure there is different rd count models. Just different magazine capacity. I think if its a P226 mag, no matter how many rds, it'll fit. I could be wrong. What is 8/8? Not familiar with that term. Not sure about the coating. You won't have a problem finding one with a rail.
    The SRT trigger will be better explained by someone else.

16. sigman84

sigman84 New Member

If it says made in Italy then its mec-gar which are the good ones.

17. Gunsnob

Gunsnob New Member

Yes, but not as good as my German zipper backs and dovetails!

18. jrw711

jrw711 New Member

Was able to try my new p226 MK25 yesterday and it fired 122 rounds without a glitch. Excellent gun.

19. sigman84

sigman84 New Member

Its a SIG!