P22 vs pk380

Discussion in 'Semi-Auto Handguns' started by shootinfool, Aug 15, 2011.

1. shootinfool

shootinfool New Member

I was thinking about getting a pk380 or a p22 just to shoot in my back yard for fun. I know that the p22 ammo would be cheaper but i was wondering if the pk380 would be better. Also would one over the other be more reliable? Any help would be appreciated.

"it flies it dies", "its brown its down"

2. WDB

WDB New Member

If your just shooting in the backyard for fun the P22 is the way to go. Ammo would be far less expensive & easier to find, less recoil and less noise. I expect the PK380 will also cost a bit more as well.

3. shootinfool

shootinfool New Member

Thanks for the reply. Since i am just a teenager it really fits my hand better too.

4. RecklessRegard

RecklessRegard New Member

I know, for awhile at least, the pk380 was having issues with the safety. The bar that keeps the hammer from engaging the firing pin is casted, and it cracks. But, thats with the first run of the pistol. It is a fun gun to shoot though. The p22 its probably better suited got your purposes.

5. shootinfool

shootinfool New Member

Yea. Well if my dad hears that the sadety was messed up then he probably wont let me get it. I think i am going to get a p22 simply because of ammo cost. Thanks for replying.