Firearms Talk banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
11,852 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My Brother's birthday is next week and he came by to pick up his present from me. I gave him an old S&W .38 top-break revolver. (not that he deserved it) Now I know that none of you have brothers that are a might competitive, but I do. We have always had a good natured competitive streak. My brother has it worse than I do; he was a paratrooper and a swat team trainer, he liked repelling out of helicopters and all that kind of crazy ****. When he left the Army, I don't know how they did without him. ;)

Whenever he comes over we always shoot a bit. He likes not having to pay range fees. He brought his favorite, a Sig P-226. He brags about what a good gun that is as if I never got it the first 200 times I heard it.... He shot it OK, but I picked it up, first time and cleared the targets, much to his chagrin. I was lucky and I shot it like I knew what I was doing! I told him, yea, it is a nice pistol, but a little large for my hands. I wear a medium to large glove, so my hands aren't tiny.

In truth, it does fell a bit bulky and boxy to me, and I don't really care for the controls. I prefer the CZ 75 or even the Beretta 92. The Sig worked, but then again, if I had a Hi-Point it would work too, or it would end up in the woods with all of my dead 1911 magazines. (A future archeologist will be able to trace my aging, by how far from the firing line, the mags end up) I did shoot the Sig well enough to get me to thinking more about the AREX pistol that I have been looking at, that is so similar, gets raving reviews, and cost considerably less money. One of those jewels will be my next new purchase.

We shot until it rained us out, then sat on the front porch solving all of the worlds problems. We did get them solved to our satisfaction, but some of you aren't going to like the new system. ;)

It was a nice way to spend a Friday morning.

·
Supporting Member
11,808 Posts
Chain

I went to the AREX Website after reading your Post. They look like a very nice pistol.
Do you know where they are made at? Being through Florida a lot of imports end up there.
I saw Bud's Gun Shop is a Dealer so that says something for the Pistol itself. IMO They will not handle inferior products! The one I saw ran around $560 not a bad price.

Reactions: Rifling82

·
Premium Member
11,852 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
Chain

I went to the AREX Website after reading your Post. They look like a very nice pistol.
Do you know where they are made at? Being through Florida a lot of imports end up there.
I saw Bud's Gun Shop is a Dealer so that says something for the Pistol itself. IMO They will not handle inferior products! The one I saw ran around $560 not a bad price.
They are made in Slovenia, I am not sure who the importer is, but I saw one for sale for $400.00, and in stock. I thought it was on Buds, but maybe it was somewhere else. I found it two days ago just doing a general web search.

What is more impressive is when you start watching all of the youTube video reviews. I have not seen anyone have anything negative to say about the pieces.

Here you go, I found the link: https://dkfirearms.com/product/arex-delta-9mm-pistol/

EDIT: I know a lot of people don't like Hickock45, but I do. Here is a review of a different AREX pistol.

Reactions: PeeJay1313

·
Premium Member
22,626 Posts
I do love my P226.

As much as I also love my Beretta 92 and CZ P07, the SIG just has a more natural feel in my hand.

Only my Glock 17 has a better, more natural feel than the 226.

·
Supporting Member
11,808 Posts
Chain
WOW! $400.00 that is one H of a deal!

Reactions: Chainfire

·
Premium Member
7,271 Posts
I Have a Sig P226 LDC, and did have a CZ SP01 Shadow, i like them both the grip is bulkier on the Sig and i do have a issue with my thumb pushing up the slide release lever when shooting, sometimes causing the slide not locking back when the mag is empty. Probably need to use a different grip, both are great guns.

• Stainless Slide
  • Stainless Frame Long Dust Cover (LDC) with SIG SAUER Rail Due to the Long Dust Cover the weight balance is optimized and the recoil jump is significantly reduced. The integrated SIG Sauer rail makes it possible to mount the SIG Sauer Optics Package.
  • standard small Parts
  • SRT (ShortResetTrigger) The new SRT Speed Trigger System with a reset of only 1,2mm allows unseen firing rates. An additional adjustable triggerstop enables the shooter to set the triggerstop to his needs.
  • HIVIZ FibreOptic front sight
  • adjustable LPA rear sight 'TPU' 3-Dot An adjustable micrometer rear sight and the HiViz front sight provide a fast and clear aiming.
  • E2-synthetic grips SIG Sauer E² grips guarantee a safe and ergonomic grip in any situation.
  • standard magazin with 17r
SIG_SAUER_P226_LDC_II_TACOPS_SRT.1 (1).jpg

·
Registered
7,773 Posts
I Have a Sig P226 LDC, and did have a CZ SP01 Shadow, i like them both the grip is bulkier on the Sig and i do have a issue with my thumb pushing up the slide release lever when shooting, sometimes causing the slide not locking back when the mag is empty. Probably need to use a different grip, both are great guns.
View attachment 226836
I swapped my slide catch to a P224 low profile one on my P226. Makes the pistol a bit more forgiving to my grip.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts